Property management in Pennsylvania

1 Reply

Do you need a broker's license in Pennsylvania to have a property management business for long term tenants.

I know you can do vacation rentals now. Not sure about long term rentals.

@Jon W.

If you want to manage properties that you don't own, then you techincally need a broker license (or at least get a broker on the record). 

On the vacation rental side, has there been a new change of law? Last time I checked, the official position of the State Real Estate Commission is that the general law on property management applies to vacation rentals as well. There was a high profile case but I believe that case got dismissed in favor of the Commonwealth. 

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it for legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you