Operating Agreement for RE S-Corp

4 Replies

Hey BP Community. I have 2 business partners along with myself who would like to start a RE Entity (s-corp only). I am making my Operating agreement myself by utilizing basic forms from USLegalforums, but I am wondering if anybody would be willing to share one that I could re-create to suit my own, or a resource that I could go to for FREE ideas and/or a template to use. 

Thanks in advance!

I agree with @Steve Hall but I'm wondering why an S-Corp if the company is purchasing properties for buy and hold to rent they should never be placed in an S-Corp

I might be able to find one from a hotel I was part owner of / part owner of an S-Corp. I doubt it's what you're looking for though. I was happy to hire an attorney to set that up. It's a bigger deal in my State than something like an LLC. I guess I'm not really able to help with this question.

Thanks @Scott P. you may be able to help, and i'll ask that question at the end. 

@Steve Hall , I have an attorney, he has helped set up a few of my other businesses, but with this one, I am partnering with a few guys to wholesale and flip, so really I was looking to create the OA myself and then shoot it over to an experienced RE Attorney with experience in setting up similar business for him to input on some clauses that I may have completely overlooked or left out. 

So I am re-directing this question now to: "DOES ANYONE HAVE A RECOMMENDATION FOR A RE ATTORNEY WITH EXPERIENCE DOING THIS ?"

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here