Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Goree
  • Camdenton, MO
Votes |
I need mentorship but hesitant to pay guru.

Brittany Goree
  • Camdenton, MO
Posted Jun 4 2019, 06:55

I'm anxious to start my real estate business partnering with my brother-in-law. We recently attended a three-day Workshop hosted by Fortune Builders. We learned a lot of valuable information and took a lot from it. Of course they were selling us a package to make us successful in the business. Although I know it's a sales pitch, I'm still humble enough to know we are such beginners and would benefit from mentorship. Obviously I'm not going to pay 30 to $50,000 for their mentorship but they offer smaller packages. One of their team members I've been emailing back and forth with about getting mentorship on wholesaling to raise capital. I feel like learning how to successfully wholesale is a good foundation of real estate and will give us a good start on at least understanding more about the business. Although it's a lot smaller price than $50,000, it's still a $500 investment they want us to make to partner with them for 3 months. Does this sound like a good idea to get a little mentorship? I'm very serious about starting up and my brother-in-law is as well, but if my $500 could be spent towards my business in a more effective way I would rather do that as well. I just know anybody successful out there almost always seem to have some type of mentor. If I knew someone in my own local market who I could apprenticeship under I would much rather do that. But I have yet to meet or reach out to anyone in my area. I'm very much a planner and never do anything on a whim, so I'm trying to start this off with guidance so I don't get us in trouble we're in over our heads. Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated

Loading replies...