• Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
Starting a Business as a Real Estate Assistant

David Nacco
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Posted Jun 16 2019, 17:03

I'm considering starting a side business as a real estate assistant working with both agents and investors. I currently work full time and next year when I transition careers I plan to become an agent. I think being an assistant to agents and investors would be a great way to both build experience and connections for when I make the jump into being an agent myself. I currently live in Virginia and what I'm wondering is does anyone know where I can find the legal guidance (not asking for legal advice just a step in the right direction) to what you can and can't do in RE in VA without a license. I originally thought about PM but you cannot do that in VA without a brokers license or working under a broker so that is where I got this idea. I currently work a schedule where every 25 days I only work 5 of those days during what is considered normal working hours so I am available most days during a normal work day.

Also agents and investors, could you tell me which one you are and what services an assistant would be most useful in assisting you in so I can work on prioritizing those when pitching an offer to work with someone. I have been studying real estate nonstop for about 2 years now and I want to spend the next year getting as much hands on experience as I can.

Also before anyone recommends a career change, I am in the military so as much as I’d like to that is not an option currently.

Loading replies...