Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Powell
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Capital Region, NY
Votes |
Being a RE Agent and Investor - How should I seperate both?

Joshua Powell
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Capital Region, NY
Posted Aug 16 2019, 09:22

Hello, so about a month ago I received my Real Estate License in New York. At first, I just wanted to use it as a little tool to help me with my pursuit of being an investor (MLS access, networking, having access to houses, etc.) but I soon realized that I wanted to pursue being agent more as a full time job that I give my full efforts too rather than just a side gig for a little extra cash and the parks that come with it. It became apparent being an investor and an agent work incredibly well together, with a lot of things overlapping each other. That being said, I understand that becoming an agent is almost like starting your own business (as is being a real estate investor) and needs to be treated like one in order to be successful in both areas. My question for those out there who are both investors and agents, how do you keep both businesses seperate and in what ways do you let them overlap? Do you use a seperate CRM for both? Same with databases? And for marketing yourself through business cards and different lead campaigns, do you do those separately for each or do you find a way to do them together? Sorry for the overwhelming amount of questions, buts its been a bit of a headache try to basically start two businesses (closing on my first buy and hold as we speak) at once and any insight would be greatly appreciated from those who do it themselves!

Loading replies...