Residenrial Assisted living in NY area

1 Reply

I am new to real estate and after reading and educating my self I found most of my intrest in residential assisted living. Im looking for people in NY area that have already started there residential assisted living and I would love to connect work and network with people in the feild. I used to work at a hospital as a patient care associate and an EMT for NYC i feel as if I have a good understanding of the service and business. I just need to learn how to start. If anyone can point me in the right direction to learn more about the topic or share some advice I would really appreciate everything I can get on this topic.

@James Narlis

Welcome to BP and congrats on selecting a niche for yourself! Important and essential first step. You got to start educating yourself on the field as much as possible. While your medical background is certainly helpful, it is not enough to get going in the business. ALF is a business in addition to real estate. You need to decide on what role you want to play in this business, and then build a team around such role. Also need to decide on the area and start searching. The search will depend on whether you'd want to build from scratch or buy existing. 

I have gone through some basic education on the topic and happy to share my feedback offline. I have yet to purchase a facility. But I know what structure I'd want and this isn't my first priority for the time being. Happy to chat offline if I can help any further. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you