Skip to content
Goals, Business Plans & Entities

User Stats

Votes
Andre Jernigan
  • New to Real Estate
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
2020 Goals- What are your plans for the new year and Decade?

Andre Jernigan
  • New to Real Estate
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted Dec 31 2019, 06:27

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has had a great holiday season up to this point and continue to do so up through the new year. As I sit here and reflect about accomplishments, people I’ve met, and all things that have happened in the past year I can honestly say I never would have imagined I’d be where I am now. Of everyone I have connected with one common denominator of their success has been the importance of having and writing down clear goals and having a clear vision of the future you want to have. Something that helped me tremendously was the BP Intention Journal. I’ve always written goals down however it wasn’t until this journal that I started being intentional about daily tasks and goals to make sure I’m being productive as opposed to simply busy  

This year I’ve come up with two separate lists of goals for the year, one of which being personal goals and the other being real estate/ business goals. With that being said I want to list a few of my real estate goals for 2020:

1.) Purchase a duplex or a SFH we can convert into 2 units here in Fort Wayne, IN to househack for the next year or two. My future fiancé (she doesn't know when I'll be proposing this spring :) ) and I have sat down and come up with our goals for the year and decided this would be a great way to lower our expenses as we save up some more capital for both of our business endeavors.

2.) Read atleast 30 books. I hadn’t thought to read more this year until October of this year and was able to get through 12 so I figured why not aim for one a week? A quote I admire is “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.”

3.) Help Syndicate/ Raise capital for 3 deals with partners. This coincides with a goal I have listed below with respect to building relationships with private lenders and passive investors.

4.) Build relationships with atleast 5 Private lenders/ passive investors. I will continue to strive to build meaningful relationships with other investors. I look forward to connecting with other like-minded individuals over the course of the next year and if possible helping one another get one step closer to our goals.

5.) Help 10 people reach one of their goals this year whether it be a personal goal, financial goal, or real estate goal. I believe having someone to help hold you accountable to your goals is incredible and can inspire you both. Any chance I can help add purposeful value to others, I gladly will and look forward to it!

This past year has been entertaining and full of surprises and continued clarity. I’m excited to start the new year off and get the ball rolling early in the new decade! What are some of your goals for the next year whether it be growing your current portfolio, transitioning from SF to MF, or learning how to make your business more efficient?

I’m interested to hear some of your goals as well!  @Yonah Weiss @John Casmon @Michael Ealy @Michinori Kaneko @Felipe Mejia @Danny Randazzo @Chris Salerno @Ben Grotzke @Abel Curiel 

Loading replies...