Market Analysis for Tertiary Market

4 Replies

Hi @Brittany Francis , welcome to the BP community!

I imagine you could probably use many of the same sites as for non-tertiary markets. I've always used a combination of data.usa, bestplaces.net, and city-data.com. Recently I've started using a paid software developed for RE market research called marketnomad.com. It's fairly new so still some kinks but I find it much easier and intuitive than combing through some of these other sites. Use them all together and you'll have plenty of data for that initial research step. 

Hope this helps a bit. Please, feel free to reach out anytime if you have other questions or just want to chat!

Wow! THANK YOU so much Brenden for responding to my post so quickly! Those sites are exactly what I need to research this particular property of interest. I will certainly connect with you again if I have any other questions or just want to chat!

Have a great day!

Hello Brittany! City-Data is the best but also ask people in those markets because data doesn't tell the whole story. Every market is unique for its own reasons and there are bad neighborhoods that bring down the whole city and good neighborhoods that bring it up!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you