• San Diego, CA
Votes |
Saving up cash for Real Estate vs Investing

Benny Dong
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Apr 22 2021, 23:46

Hey All!

So I have a question that doesn't seem like has been brought up too many times here. This is mainly towards people invested in Real Estate, Stocks, and even Crypto! I'm very interested in Real Estate and looking to buy my first deal. I've been saving up and looking around but with the housing inventory being so low, I haven't found too many deals that I'm interested in the time being. Of course there's areas that still work but my main question right now is:

People that have spread their investments through Stocks, Real Estate, and Crypto - would you recommend saving my money in a saving account right now (which isn't really growing) or Investing it elsewhere for the time being and when I find the right deal? I can always use that cash from other investments towards the future property. I'm 24 and my portfolio has mainly stocks, small amounts in crypto, and the rest mostly in Savings. I'm willing to be more risky and since I'm still bringing in cash with my job, I'm considering putting more effort into growing my money in the stock/crypto market and keeping what I have saved up already for Real Estate. 

Please let me know what you think! I know a lot of people are going to say to just hold cash in a high yield savings account or a index fund but because of my age, I think I can put on some more risk. This is all just with the end goal of getting into Real Estate but for the time being, I want to capitalize my gains while waiting to see how the real estate market plays out. (PS I'm not trying to time the market, looking for a deal to come by that I like)

Loading replies...