• Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
What Steps Should I Be Taking?

Thomas O'Donnell
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Jan 15 2022, 10:11

Hello everyone! I am currently seeking some guidance from those of you who are more experienced than I am. I currently do not own any properties, but have spent months and months educating myself on real estate investing through BiggerPockets books, podcasts and other sources of information. I truly want to obtain financial freedom through real estate and I am dedicated to this as a life goal. I want to purchase my first multi-family property in 2022, but my main issue right now is on the financing part. I have the hustle and I have the knowledge (at least a good foundation), but I'm not sure where to start. My original plan was to house hack my first property, but seeing that I live in Santa Clara, CA where it is extremely expensive to buy, this will not be an option. I have instead turned to looking out-of-state for a property 4 units or less. I currently have only $5,000 in cash which I know isn't much, but I am looking for any input on creative financing options or how I can do this with low-to-no money down. The only thing holding me back right now is the money part, and I REALLY want to take action this year. Thank you for any responses to this post, it is greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...