Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Flores
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Best rental market in Dallas TX? how to approach the purchase?

Jorge Flores
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Jan 19 2022, 21:12

Hello! First post, excited to be apart of this community. Started watching some house hacking videos a week ago and would love any insight that would help me start my real estate journey. 
Quick little background check, 20 year old college dropout kid with big dreams living with his parents. Sounds familiar? It seems to me, as its not that uncommon of a story. My goal is to purchase a single family home here in Dallas, preferably close to Grand Prairie since I work there (9-5 job). Is Grand Prairie a good rental market? I plan to sleep in my car (parked on the driveway), and use the restroom/kitchen whenever needed so that I may rent out the whole house. Would this be considered living in the house? and if so should I opt in for long term or STR (Airbnb)? Last question, I have around 10k saved up and would like to know the best way to finance this?

Overview of questions:

1) Is Grand Prairie a good rental market? if not, where should i look for near Dallas

2) STR or long term?

3) Best way to approach a house hacking deal with 10K? or could I leverage it better as a regular investment (no house hacking)

Loading replies...