• IN KY, UT
Votes |
Need some advice for Newby "Real estate financial strategy"

Tyler Shoaf
  • Investor
  • IN KY, UT
Posted Aug 8 2022, 11:44

Hello Fellow Investors and Professionals

Financial consultants, wives, husbands… etc.

Have a question for you! I build our family home with my own two hands took me 3 years to do… but saved me tons of money and got a lot more for my money. Have 252k in a mortgage cost of building the homes (mine and mother-in-law suite) and land the homes are on. home appraises for 596k and the 7 acers of land worth 300k. I don’t have any debt but this house loan. No cc auto loans nothing just living expenses and insurance a month. Making into the 6 figures a year with my “day jobs” wanting to branch out and get my real-estate portfolio growing for my future and retirement. My wife is under the impression “Dave Ramsey way” getting the house paid off in the next few years but my interest is so low it seems a waist to not use a home equity line of credit to buy multiple properties and get them into their own conventional loans and put the money back to our home after the loans are established. I don’t know what direction or the best strategy for progression and growth in the real estate and rental business. Would love some advice or direction with facts or numbers to share with the wife to talk over a plan or strategy for our family. Don’t want to mess up and put our family home in jeopardy but I feel it’s a value to help get farther faster. It will also me out of state investing after ready many bigger pocket books “this is the way”.

Loading replies...