• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Buford, GA
Votes |
Newbie moving to Buford, GA

Tyler Evans
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Buford, GA
Posted Jan 22 2021, 08:53

Hi BP community! Looooooong time lurker finally at the point in life where my wife and I are going to jump into our first deal. I thought this was going to happen 4 years ago but better now than never. Since my last post 4 years ago, a lot has changed. Looking back we basically live in flipped two homes. Our first home I personally did a lot of work and we ended up selling 2 years later with a capital gains tax free 50k, we rolled that into our 2nd home in West-Midtown Atlanta and just sold our Atlanta home in November 20' for just under 100k in tax free dollars! We are closing on our third home in Buford, GA on 1/27/2021 and this will be a home we stay in long term (1 kid, #2 on the way).

That said, we have around 50k in capital and over the last 6 months, my wife and I have been doing a deep dive into all the books, podcasts, forums, blog posts, etc. Growing up, my dad owned a remodeling business so I am well versed in gut job bathrooms, renovating kitchens, addons, decks, electrical, plumbing, etc. You name it, I've probably fixed it or remodeled it. We are looking to take the 50k in capital and buy a property near us that is in poor condition and rehab and either flip to build capital, or BRRRR. My value add is I know (and am willing) to do the work but also understand the value of time so will contract out when it makes sense. The goal is to do a few hands on flip or BRRRR's to get our hands dirty and then scale.

Anyways, I am looking to connect with other local investors and, once we close on our home next week, we'll be in the clear to get the train rolling!
-Tyler

Loading replies...