Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Giglio
Votes |
Discouraged After Speaking With Active Investors

Jonathan Giglio
Posted Jan 24 2021, 08:16

January 1st I jumped in to the world of real estate investing. While I have made a ton of progress over the past three weeks (Thanks 12-Week Year), I am a bit concerned with some feedback I have been getting. I have spoken with five investors in my area (Southern NH, just north of Boston, MA) and every single one of them has said something to the effect of "Oh so exciting you are getting into investing. What a terrible time to start, however. You should wait a few years for the market to cool down."

Inventory is very low in my area and sales happen within days (sometimes hours), so there is definitely merit to what they are saying.

- Keep pushing. Analyze, make offers (if possible...inventory is VERY low), repeat.

- Continue networking with investors and try to find one that wants to help me out and sell me a property vs listing it

- Invest in other areas of the country. However, this seems so risky to me as I've never bought a rental property before. It's hard enough navigating this process in the area you live in, never mind a couple of thousand miles away.

I know this process won't be easy, and I am by no means giving up, just a bit discouraging to have 100% of investors tell you this is a horrible time to get into the game. 

End rant :)

Loading replies...