User Stats

Votes
Alex Brown
Votes |
Summitting Offers to Real Estate Agents

Alex Brown
Posted Jan 25 2022, 15:54

Hi there,

I'm a newbie real estate investor and wanted to know if a season investor (or realtor) can help me with the following:

I noticed that when I contact a few agents regarding their listing, I'm unable to get them on the phone. Some will call me back a few hours later and by the time, the property is already under contract or pending. I feel like I'm spending too much time analyzing deals and waiting to hear back from agents (I'm sure their busy with their clients).

Do agents prefer for investors to submit offers via their email? That way at least a dialog is beginning and I don't have to spend so much time analyzing deals.

User Stats

Votes
Dwayne Poster
  • Investor
  • Van Isle
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Van Isle
Replied Jan 25 2022, 16:49

A Realtor will want you to use the local board contracts, these days mostly over the internet.  Somehow they are not putting priority on you. You may want to reflect on why that might be.

User Stats

Votes
Russell Brazil
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
ModeratorReplied Jan 25 2022, 16:52
Hire an agent. 
District Invest Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Janus
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Replied Jan 25 2022, 18:38

I would hire an investment friendly agent. They should be quicker and pay more attention to the market and be able to run the numbers on a property and determine a solid investment. 

User Stats

Votes
Quinn Olivarez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 26 2022, 06:38

Hire an agent, it’s a good way to indicate you’re serious. It’s also good to have a second opinion on your deal.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Dumler
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 26 2022, 06:46

@Alex Brown you're correct, in this market deals are UC within a couple of days. I agree with others, hire an agent to streamline the offer process and to ensure your offers are being received by the seller. Keep in mind, working with an agent as a buyer will not incur any out of pocket cost on your end. I also would like to point out, are you submitting a POF letter or pre-approval with your offers? Without such documentation, many sellers will not consider you a legitimate buyer. Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Theresa Harris
Pro Member
#3 Managing Your Property Contributor
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Managing Your Property Contributor
Replied Jan 26 2022, 07:11

Why aren't you working with a realtor?

User Stats

Votes
Alex Brown
Votes |
Replied Jan 26 2022, 08:01
Originally posted by @Theresa Harris:

Why aren't you working with a realtor?

Hi Theresa,

Given everyone's productive advice, I'm currently seeking representation at this moment. You're concern is much appreciated. 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Brown
Votes |
Replied Jan 26 2022, 08:02
Originally posted by @Quinn Olivarez:

Hire an agent, it’s a good way to indicate you’re serious. It’s also good to have a second opinion on your deal.

Thanks Quinn. My thought process was to work directly with the listing agent but I see your perspective. 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Brown
Votes |
Replied Jan 26 2022, 08:03
Originally posted by @Dwayne Poster:

A Realtor will want you to use the local board contracts, these days mostly over the internet.  Somehow they are not putting priority on you. You may want to reflect on why that might be.

Thanks Dwayne!