• NJ
Votes |
Wholesaling Newbie in Northern New Jersey

Georgia Boisrond
  • Wholesaler
  • NJ
Posted Jul 24 2022, 15:01

Hello BP!

I am new to real estate investing, wholesaling, to be specific. I live in Morris County (Northern New Jersey).

I have listened to many podcasts on the subject but no direct experience.

I am a full time employee at a major Insurance carrier. My background is in customer service and thought wholesaling might be a great entry point into Real Estate investing.

I am looking for a mentor who is experienced in the NJ/NY market. I noticed a lot of the popular youtube channels features homes in a areas/States with lower costs of living.

I imagine there are additional challenges to wholesaling in a pricey market like NY/NJ. I have a few questions:

What is your opinion on formal classes? Do you have any recommendations?

What’s your advice on creating a quality cash buyer’s list? 

I am open and would appreciate any suggestions you may have for a newbie.

Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Lashonda Spell
  • Wholesaler
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • New Jersey
Replied Jul 26 2022, 11:45

Hi Georgia,

I am also new to the wholesaling business and am starting in NJ.

I have been listening to podcasts, reading books and watching Youtube videos and am worried about the NJ market because of its high standard of living and costs.

I can't be a mentor but if I can be of any support in your journey, pls reach out or just keep in contact.

The fear of starting something new decreases when your not the only one doing it.

Have a good day!!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 26 2022, 17:21

My name is Marcus I just recently brought my first multi-family unit I live in Central New Jersey I’m also looking for a mentor or some type of meetup that’s focused on wholesaling.I know the market is tough but I’m ready to put in the work.Maybe we can both find a mentor or group in NJ that could help both of us

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 26 2022, 17:21

My name is Marcus I just recently brought my first multi-family unit I live in Central New Jersey I’m also looking for a mentor or some type of meetup that’s focused on wholesaling.I know the market is tough but I’m ready to put in the work.Maybe we can both find a mentor or group in NJ that could help both of us

User Stats

Votes
Georgia Boisrond
  • Wholesaler
  • NJ
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • NJ
Replied Jul 26 2022, 18:36

Thank you so much! I’ll be in touch.

User Stats

Votes
Georgia Boisrond
  • Wholesaler
  • NJ
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • NJ
Replied Jul 26 2022, 18:43

I am open to the idea.  

User Stats

Votes
Georgia Boisrond
  • Wholesaler
  • NJ
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • NJ
Replied Feb 5 2023, 07:48

Hi Lashonda,
How are you? It has been a while. I hope you and your family are doing well

My daughter started Daycare last Sept and has been sick on and off. I am praying this year is better.
i finally sign up for a mentorship last month. We have weekly calls but the calls cover wholesaling houses, land, subto. It gets a bit confusing as people are at different stages. This person is in Nj which is why I signed up.

How is wholesaling? You must be a Pro by now. You were right even in this mentorship people are not willing to share info. I am still working on getting a good mentor for more one on one assistance.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care
Georgia