Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Justin Rideout
Votes |
Starting out in Saint John New Brunswick.

Justin Rideout
Posted Aug 29 2022, 14:05

I'm planning on starting with wholesaling as I don't have much starting capital but mainly looking to get in touch with other investors in the area for some guidance. The main struggle I'm having is finding information on recently sold property's to determine the ARV. The end goal would be to BRRRR rentals but as I said I don't have a lot of money and am very interested in the business. Id be very grateful if anyone is willing to reach out with advice.

User Stats

Votes
Jim Pellerin
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • USA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • USA
Replied Aug 29 2022, 14:30
Quote from @Justin Rideout:

I'm planning on starting with wholesaling as I don't have much starting capital but mainly looking to get in touch with other investors in the area for some guidance. The main struggle I'm having is finding information on recently sold property's to determine the ARV. The end goal would be to BRRRR rentals but as I said I don't have a lot of money and am very interested in the business. Id be very grateful if anyone is willing to reach out with advice.

@Justin RideoutDon't apologize for wholesaling because you don't have enough money to purchase. That's the right approach. Most people look at creative financing techniques that end up getting them overleveraged and they end up in a negative cashflow situation.

As far as finding comps to determine your ARV, you need to build a relationship with a local broker/agent who can help you out. Normally, I would recommend some tools but I don't think these tools have Canadian data in them. (fyi, I live in Ottawa and lived in Saint John for 2 years)

User Stats

Votes
Justin Rideout
Votes |
Replied Aug 29 2022, 15:26

@Jim Pellerin Thanks for the fast response. do you have any tips for meeting brokers or agents that are investor friendly? I've tried looking for local real estate groups or meetups but I'm not having much luck. Actually any advice on how to find and contact more people around my area would be great, Thanks!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin H.
  • Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Replied Sep 28 2022, 23:00

@Justin Rideout DM ME