Hebron Watson
Pro Member
Votes |
Finding Professionals in Edmonton, Alberta

Hebron Watson
Pro Member
Posted Aug 30 2022, 15:44
Hello!

I'm looking to build out my team by finding the right Investor-friendly Real Estate Agent, Lender, Accountant, and Lawyer as I'm getting started here in Edmonton, Alberta.

Unfortunately, some of the tools that we would usually use to find these professionals do not work here in canada, but I'm sure there are still amazing professionals available here in the Great White North! I can make specific posts for each category if that's better.

There are lots of deals and I am trying to build community so more people can get in and make money, so let's get connected!

Thanks,
Hebron

User Stats

Votes
Ken Didychuk
  • Investor
  • Red Deer, AB
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Red Deer, AB
Replied Aug 31 2022, 17:11

Heya Hebron!

@Zorya Belanger is a local Edmonton multi-family investor who may be able to help you out.

Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Zorya Belanger
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Edmonton, Alberta
Votes |
  • Edmonton, Alberta
Replied Sep 1 2022, 13:37

Thanks for the mention @Ken Didychuk

Hi @Hebron Watson

I can help you out, as I have quite a few contacts for residential and multifamily commercial property.

Send me a message, with exactly what you are looking for.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 6 2022, 21:45

Hey Hebron!

Ive spoken with this 5 star real estate agent whos specialty is investment properties and he also has a few investment properties himself. Well versed and professional, works for Remax. His name is David Demian, here is his info :)

https://www.remax.ca/ab/david-...

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 12 2022, 19:48

Hey Hebron!

I've been investing in Alberta for 3.5 years now, I've built up a heck of a rolodex of contacts!  

I don't frequent the BP forums much, so feel free to look me up on Facebook or IG, and let's connect.

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Heaman
  • Investor
  • Edmonton
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Edmonton
Replied Sep 12 2022, 21:21
Quote from @Hebron Watson:
Hello!

I'm looking to build out my team by finding the right Investor-friendly Real Estate Agent, Lender, Accountant, and Lawyer as I'm getting started here in Edmonton, Alberta.

Unfortunately, some of the tools that we would usually use to find these professionals do not work here in canada, but I'm sure there are still amazing professionals available here in the Great White North! I can make specific posts for each category if that's better.

There are lots of deals and I am trying to build community so more people can get in and make money, so let's get connected!

Thanks,
Hebron

Hello, depending on what strategy you want to pursue, would depend on the professionals you want to get into contact with. For residential realtors, I'm very impresses with Joel Link from Calvin Realty. For Lawyers, Richard Bell from BARR LLP and Barry Mcguire are names often brought up, although I am still working on my first deal with Richard.

There is actually a very large network of investors in Edmonton. If you have instagram, you can find me there as well. I love to chat and go for coffee.

User Stats

Votes
Hebron Watson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Sep 20 2022, 17:25
Wow! I'm really excited to see all the responses. I'm really glad there is a network of investors in Alberta.

I'm looking to move there in a few months, and I think it's probably wise to live there a while before I buy a place.

I'll be following up with you all individually. Expect a DM!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 19 2022, 13:05

Hi @Zorya Belanger,

Forgive me for piggybacking on this gentleman's post but I noticed you had mentioned you had access to residential investors in Edmonton, Alberta.

I am just getting started (in wholesaling) myself and would greatly benefit from your insight / experience. 

I have only been at this for 2 weeks, but have already put together a few qualified leads and will be going out this weekend to meet sellers and get them under contract. There is one other property, in GP, that is very motivated to sell and I believe is great opportunity for investment. 

The only thing I am missing is buyers and perhaps some insight into correctly putting together the purchase agreement & assignment contract, respectively. 

Warm Regards, 

Xavier

User Stats

Votes
Zorya Belanger
  • Edmonton, Alberta
Votes |
  • Edmonton, Alberta
Replied Oct 24 2022, 08:11

Hi @Xavier Ceo

That's what this forum is for! Yes, I know a ton of investors in Edmonton. I'll be honest, I've never done any wholesaling, but I've purchased a property, or 2... or 35 :) I have all the paperwork for assignments though as I did take a course about it from an Edmonton real estate investing-focused lawyer.

Send me your email through DM and we can find a time to connect.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 24 2022, 08:59

Hi Zorya, 

Thank you so much for your response. I have just sent you a DM with my email.

I would be immensely grateful if you could forward me the paperwork for assignment/purchase(s) as all I have been able to find online have an exclusion clause, preventing the assignment of the contract, which is of course exactly the opposite of what I need from the agreement.