User Stats

Votes
Max Grant
Votes |
New real estate investor Providence, RI

Max Grant
Posted Sep 1 2022, 14:49

Hey Bigger Pockets community,

I am a newbie investor looking to purchase my first real estate property this November! I am currently working full time at sea as a mariner and am looking for any insight and recommendations for real estate agents, CPA's, property managers etc. I have been pre approved for both two and three family units (575k two family, 600k three family). I am looking for a turn key property that I will house hack. I am excited to the ball rolling and too get my first house under contract when I hit land! Thank you.

-Max

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Thompson
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Replied Sep 1 2022, 15:16

Hi @Max Grant and welcome to Bigger Pockets! If you haven't already seen the Bigger Pockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide, I recommend that as a great place to get started thinking about (and analyzing) investment property.

I can recommend some of the folks you asked about, and chances are good some folks will probably respond to you in this thread as well.

House hacking is a great way to get started, in any market cycle, since you have to live somewhere. So congratulations on starting your real estate journey 😀

User Stats

Votes
Frank Patalano
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • East Providence, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • East Providence, RI
Replied Sep 1 2022, 16:16

Hi Max,
Stopping at the local REIA will give you many referrals.
Check out the Rhode Island Real Estate Investors Group.
They meet twice a month.
Once in-person and once on zoom.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mekkel Blanchard
  • Realtor
  • Taunton MA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Taunton MA
Replied Sep 1 2022, 16:47

Hey @Max Grant congrats on taking the steps towards purchasing a multifamily! House hacking is a great strategy when getting started. I am a realtor/investor in both RI and MA. I have done a couple house hacks now and love helping people purchase there first couple properties. Let’s connect and discuss more of you real estate goals! 

User Stats

Votes
Aj Parikh
  • Centreville, VA
Votes |
  • Centreville, VA
Replied Sep 2 2022, 13:30

That is some solid prep to get going in Real estate. I have some experience working with turnkey companies out of state if that is something you are interested in exploring. Feel free to connect.

User Stats

Votes
Gale Golden
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Sep 6 2022, 04:02

I highly recommend when you are in town to be NETWORKING!! The best place to start is Rhode Island Real Estate Investors Group run by Bigger Pockets member Frank Patalano. Frank also does a podcast you would find helpful called The Cashflow Kings. The group has a website and a Facebook page for members. Best of Luck and hope to see you at the meeting.  My husband and I have some experience with real estate investing but not deep and have found this group very beneficial. 

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 6 2022, 05:52

Welcome!  Sounds like you are on the right track