Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Wyatt Pearson
Votes |
Lead Generation for new agents

Wyatt Pearson
Posted Sep 7 2022, 10:06

Starting out as a new agent here in the Central Valley, what do I need to be doing for lead generation? How is it possible to gain credibility- being that I don't have any sells... yet. 

User Stats

Votes
Tim Johnson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Skagit Valley, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Skagit Valley, WA
Replied Sep 7 2022, 10:26

Congrats @Wyatt Pearson! I've been there and it can feel overwhelming...but although things may start slow, they can also pick up very fast.....

1. Call all your friends and family (your SOI -sphere of influence) - be sure to tell them that you're now a realtor and excited about it. Biggest lead gen failure of most agents is to NOT really work with their SOI.

2. There are 100 more great things you could do for lead generation - but why not grab a copy of "The Millionaire Real Estate Agent" by Gary Keller and read through that? Don't be put off by the title. This book is not a gimmick. It's loaded with good information on how to move from where you are right now....to a more solid place, including in the area of lead generation.

Best wishes!

User Stats

Votes
William Coulter
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Stockton, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Stockton, CA
Replied Sep 10 2022, 19:39
Quote from @Wyatt Pearson:

Starting out as a new agent here in the Central Valley, what do I need to be doing for lead generation? How is it possible to gain credibility- being that I don't have any sells... yet. 

I am in Stockton, and would be happy to speak to you. Contact me when you have some time. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Alyson Anderson
  • Realtor
  • Harford County, MD
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Harford County, MD
Replied Sep 10 2022, 19:44

Give back to the community! Start sharing your passion, whatever it is. Energy is everything! 

User Stats

Votes
Conner Olsen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 11 2022, 00:44
Quote from @Wyatt Pearson:

I joined a team for this reason.

User Stats

Votes
Todd Wheatley
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Waltham, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Waltham, MA
Replied Sep 11 2022, 07:11

Great question! This is a challenge for ALL new agents - you are not alone.

Focus on your direct sphere of influence (e.g. friends, family, co-workers, etc). Make sure EVERYONE knows you got your license and what areas of real estate sales you focus on (e.g. buyer's agent, seller's agent, investment, etc). Get your first couple of deals through this network and get some reps under your belt.

You should also consider joining the BEST team in your market that focuses on the types of sales you want to focus on. The first 6-12 months WILL be a grind but that time is what separates the agents that quit and the ones that become successful over multiple years.

Good luck!