Votes
Zachary Fong
  • Homeowner
Votes |
To rent or to buy in the Pensacola area

Zachary Fong
  • Homeowner
Posted Sep 25 2022, 15:37

I am new to Bigger Pockets and real estate investing. My wife and I currently own a property in the Pensacola area that we rented for a few years. We also own a house in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We are going to be moving back to that area soon. I am wondering if anyone does real estate investing in the Pensacola area that I could network with. I am ultimately trying to decide if we should rent our house out again and buy a new property or just live in the house we already own. I believe some networking with folks in that area will help me answer that question. 

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Pillow
  • Realtor
  • Destin, Fl
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Destin, Fl
Replied Sep 25 2022, 18:40

Hi Zachary, I usually just connect investors in the Pensacola area with @Caleb Drake. He is an Investor Agent with his own monthly REI meet up out there. He is definitely someone you want to link up with.

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Drake
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pensacola, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pensacola, FL
Replied Sep 25 2022, 20:06
Quote from @Kevin Pillow:

Hi Zachary, I usually just connect investors in the Pensacola area with @Caleb Drake. He is an Investor Agent with his own monthly REI meet up out there. He is definitely someone you want to link up with.

Thanks @Kevin Pillow! You’re a awesome dude!

Zach, shoot me a message and we can chat about your options. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Sep 26 2022, 05:32
Quote from @Zachary Fong:

I am new to Bigger Pockets and real estate investing. My wife and I currently own a property in the Pensacola area that we rented for a few years. We also own a house in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We are going to be moving back to that area soon. I am wondering if anyone does real estate investing in the Pensacola area that I could network with. I am ultimately trying to decide if we should rent our house out again and buy a new property or just live in the house we already own. I believe some networking with folks in that area will help me answer that question. 

Welcome to the BiggerPockets forums!

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied Sep 26 2022, 17:27

@Zachary Fong

You should define your investment goals to decide.

A local Investor-Agent can help shorten your learning curve and save you a lot of headaches as they tend to understand the local market better.

All the best!

User Stats

Votes
Marc Yu
Votes |

@Zachary Fong - I personally own properties in the Pensacola area, both short-term and long-term.  LMK if you want to talk.  I am not selling any services or houses.  Also, I'm a fellow Asian!  :)

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 27 2023, 05:02

@Zachary Fong 

I could be wrong, but if you bought your home here in Pensacola a few years back... it is probably a REALLY good rental. The reason I say that it because prices 3-4 years ago were significantly lower than they are today. That being said, I would think you're mortgage payment isn't too bad. Also, rent has skyrocketed here over the past 2 years. So, low mortgage payment + high rent = great cash flow. If this is the case, I would keep renting that home out. 

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Haworth
  • Real Estate Agent
  • The Emerald Coast
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • The Emerald Coast
Replied Jan 29 2023, 07:59

Reach out to @Josh Maier he is an agent/investor in Pensacola and is awesome!