Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Emmanuel Abodoh
Votes |
How Do I get my home to appreciate

Emmanuel Abodoh
Posted Oct 4 2022, 21:13

My name is Emmanuel. I currently work as a pharmacists. I am new to real estate investing. Here is my story. I initially purchased my 1st investment property March 2022, it was tenant occupied, but the tenants moved out and left the place a mess and it needed some TLC. I paid contractors around 15K of my own money to rehab the place. Every purchase made is through my LLC. Can I retrieve majority of that money through taxes or equity.

User Stats

Votes
Adam Bartling
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Rosenberg, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Rosenberg, TX
Replied Oct 4 2022, 23:14

Appreciation comes from the demand from your neighborhood and the county tax assessor. I am not 100% sure of what you are trying to do, but I would have put money in to my LLC then paid the contractor and taken it as a loss on taxes.

Do you have your vehicles in your business? Cell phone, gym memberships, look into other deductions you can take with having a business, you can self fund your business as that is how most of us start unless you have investors, or stock holders.  Sounds like you need to talk to a good business CPA.  But it is all in the the IRS tax code. Myself I read it years ago when I started my first company to buy another established company.  

All my vehicles were in the business name till this most recent truck. All tools, expensed on the business, use the LLC to reduce your tax burden, it is what it there for. Now if you need to make a purchase with a loan, consult your CPA of what strategies you can implement so you can achieve both goals.