• Cookeville, TN
Votes |
Hawaii to Tennesse, RE Rookies Buying First Investment Property

Skylar Jennings
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cookeville, TN
Posted Oct 8 2022, 14:37

Hey BP Team! My husband and I will soon be moving from Oahu, Hawaii to Cookeville, TN (in between Nashville and Knoxville) and are looking for any/all recommendations for Team Members in the Middle Tennessee area. This will be our first property that we intend to house hack but we are looking to build a Team as our next move would be in the STR realm within the 2023 year. Thanks to BP, we have been connected with one lender, but would love to hear any recommendations for additional lenders, investor friendly RE agents, contractors and RE tax professionals.

Additional details: We intend to house hack a multi-family but are open to a single family if the numbers work. Our current max budget is around $350k depending on the loan type. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Skylar Jennings
Pro Member
  • Cookeville, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Cookeville, TN
Replied Oct 8 2022, 14:39

Tennessee*

User Stats

Votes
Grant Schroeder
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN
Replied Oct 17 2022, 18:14

Hey @Skylar Jennings! Thank you for posting in the forums, I am sorry no one has responded yet! I would be glad to hop on a call this week and strategize for your move to TN if you would like? Please let me know a day and time that would work best for you and we can get it scheduled! I am an investor and Loan Officer licensed in TN and would be glad to assist you as you build your team ahead of your move. I also have a great network of investor friendly realtors in the area that I would be glad to introduce you to. Like the incredible @Allie Robertson!

• Lender Nevada (#1914590), Colorado (#1914590), Washington (#1914590), Tennessee (#1914590), Arizona (#AZ LO-1022753), Arizona (#1914590), Oregon (#1914590), Idaho (#1914590), and California (#1914590)

• Movement Mortgage
Movement Mortgage Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Allie Robertson
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Oct 20 2022, 14:44

Thank you @Grant Schroeder! Skylar, I'd love to chat with you. Cookeville is a great area. I currently house hack a multi family property outside of Nashville and am an agent myself and have helped lots of house hackers in the middle Tennessee area find a good situation. 

Let me know and we can chat this week! 

User Stats

Votes
Corey Martin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Oct 21 2022, 09:10

@Skylar Jennings Hello and let me welcome you to TN! There are alot of great oppurtunities here in Middle TN as pointed out by the above posts! I work exclusively with investors in the middle TN area and my company also has over 700 companies under property management. Id love to discus what your investing goals are as well as great management techniques you can use in your house hacking! Let me know!

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Oct 22 2022, 06:13

Would focus on 2-4 properties, so you get as much experience as possible and maximize your ROI.

User Stats

Votes
John Vick
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Oct 25 2022, 14:12

Hi! And welcome to Tennessee! If you need any help in the Clarksville or surrounding area please let me know. I’d love to help out!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 2 2022, 07:43
Quote from @Skylar Jennings:

Hey BP Team! My husband and I will soon be moving from Oahu, Hawaii to Cookeville, TN (in between Nashville and Knoxville) and are looking for any/all recommendations for Team Members in the Middle Tennessee area. This will be our first property that we intend to house hack but we are looking to build a Team as our next move would be in the STR realm within the 2023 year. Thanks to BP, we have been connected with one lender, but would love to hear any recommendations for additional lenders, investor friendly RE agents, contractors and RE tax professionals.

Additional details: We intend to house hack a multi-family but are open to a single family if the numbers work. Our current max budget is around $350k depending on the loan type. Thank you!

My girlfriend currently lives in Knoxville and I live in NC, We have been together for about two years seeing each other 2-3 times a month. We're both 16 and plan on moving in July of 24 in an areas in or near Knoxville. We plan on house hacking and starting our RE journey why she goes to college. I would love to dm or chat with you both about the market, contacts, etc because this is a very exciting post. I love meeting new people interested in RE and it's cool you mention Tennessee!

User Stats

Votes
Brian Boyd
Pro Member
  • USA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • USA
Replied Nov 2 2022, 07:49

Feel free to DM me. I will be happy to help you.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 10 2022, 15:07

@Skylar Jennings, have you made it to Cookeville ? Looking to network and close some deals