Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Lathan
Votes |
Does anyone know of any DSCR lenders that loan under $75,000?

Aaron Lathan
Posted Oct 10 2022, 20:21

Has anyone come across any DSCR lenders willing to fund loans smaller than 75K? There's a bunch of property in my old hometown of Baton Rouge under 75K but I can't seem to find anyone willing to lend that low for investor loans. Any help is greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 11 2023, 20:01
Quote from @Joyce Williams:

@Aaron Lathan……..Try BHG Financial….. ask for Krystian. 315 679 5096…. Let me know how it works out.

BHG is not a mortgage lender.

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Lathan
Votes |
Replied Jan 11 2023, 20:23
Quote from @David Howard:
Quote from @Aaron Lathan:
Quote from @Jesse Holsapple:

We can go as low as 55k funded after dp. At that point though it isn't as much about the value as it is about the livable condition. But we can. Always happy to chat.

Awesome! Shot you a request.  I'd love to go over specific properties with you to see if it's feasible.  

In the same boat in St Louis.  Were you able to find something? Did Jesse Holsapple work out?

He did go down pretty low but not low enough for the properties I was looking at.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brad H.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Granbury, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Granbury, TX
Replied Jan 11 2023, 20:32

This is out in West Texas but I have a local lender that financed $48,000 on a $58,000 property for me a month ago. DSCR was about 1.8% though.

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Lathan
Votes |
Replied Jan 11 2023, 20:39
Quote from @Brad H.:

This is out in West Texas but I have a local lender that financed $48,000 on a $58,000 property for me a month ago. DSCR was about 1.8% though.

I’ll give them a try. Mind sharing some contact info? 

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Whisler
  • Lender
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jan 12 2023, 05:57

Has anyone come across any DSCR lenders willing to fund loans smaller than 75K? There's a bunch of property in my old hometown of Baton Rouge under 75K but I can't seem to find anyone willing to lend that low for investor loans. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey Aaron, what we typically do for this is bundle properties together in a portfolio loan to get them above 75k. Have you considered that? 

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Noble Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jan 12 2023, 06:38

check with @Jayson Cain

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 11 2023, 17:35
Quote from @Kevin Whisler:

Hey Aaron, what we typically do for this is bundle properties together in a portfolio loan to get them above 75k. Have you considered that? 

I've found "lendency.com" that I believe will go down to $55K, but value has to be $100K.  Good luck

User Stats

Votes
Sharyn Deans
  • Sebring, FL
Votes |
  • Sebring, FL
Replied Feb 19 2023, 03:41
Quote from @Rhonda Smith:

I can help you with that if you still need someone. 

I need help with that. I am in the same boat of needing to find a DSCR lender that funds under $75K. I would appreciate the help!

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Shep
Pro Member
  • Washington, DC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Washington, DC
Replied Feb 25 2023, 15:04
Quote from @Jesse Holsapple:

We can go as low as 55k funded after dp. At that point though it isn't as much about the value as it is about the livable condition. But we can. Always happy to chat.

Is this for a DSCR loan or conventional?

User Stats

Votes
Brandon L. Warthen
Pro Member
  • Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Florida
Replied Apr 22 2023, 23:03

I got word today of a lender willing to do a 2nd position DSCR!

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Lathan
Votes |
Replied Apr 23 2023, 06:11

Yes please 🙏🏽 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 10 2023, 14:47
Quote from @Kevin Whisler:

Hey @Kevin Whisler, are you able to do this in MS? I am finding a ton of properties <50k but having trouble getting lending because of that. Would be so much easier to combine deals together. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 29 2024, 21:36

Does anyone have specific lenders that offer DSCR of $50k? I need to contact them. This is a great thread. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 29 2024, 21:37
Quote from @Sharyn Deans:

I need help with that. I am in the same boat of needing to find a DSCR lender that funds under $75K. I would appreciate the help!

Did you find anyone?

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Minocchi
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Replied Mar 2 2024, 15:09
Quote from @Dani Owens:

Does anyone have specific lenders that offer DSCR of $50k? I need to contact them. This is a great thread. Thanks!
$50k loan amount or $50k purchase price/value? There's an option for $50k loan amount as long as the value is $75k or higher....fees and rate will be bit higher than higher loan amounts. Feel free to connect!
Barrett Financial Group, L.L.C. Logo

User Stats

Votes
Tanner Lewis
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Mar 2 2024, 20:15

Many DSCR lenders stay away from these since they are such an illiquid asset class. Same thing with ~$3m+ deals. You can do some of these lower-valued deals as a portfolio, but other than that, credit union/bank financing may be the way to go.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 3 2024, 11:31
Quote from @Brittany Minocchi:
Quote from @Dani Owens:

$50k loan amount or $50k purchase price/value? There's an option for $50k loan amount as long as the value is $75k or higher....fees and rate will be bit higher than higher loan amounts. Feel free to connect!
Thanks! I’ll email you.