• New to Real Estate
  • Sherwood, WI
Votes |
New To Investing (Ex-Military)

Timothy Rosio
  • New to Real Estate
  • Sherwood, WI
Posted Oct 24 2022, 19:20

I sold my first home I purchased in Phoenix, AZ, and bought a house in Calumet County, WI. I kept about 70k from it to put into a rental property of some kind, but I have never figured out what to do to get myself in the game.

Also, I am eligible for a VA loan (up to $450k) since I have a 30yr fixed on my new home. Thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 24 2022, 20:13

Take advantage of that VA loan and land yourself a cash flowing property like a fourplex

User Stats

Votes
Ruchit Patel
  • Bay area, CA
Votes |
  • Bay area, CA
Replied Oct 24 2022, 22:31

Oh man, you can make huge wealth if done properly. I am from California and I have been investing out of state for quite some time now. 

You can convert that $70K into around $500 to $700 a month cash flow + other returns. 

Message me and we can connect. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Oct 25 2022, 04:32
Quote from @Timothy Rosio:

Welcome to the BiggerPockets forums!

Will your primary home work as a rental? Can you downsize and live in a fourplex? 

If it's possible, I would buy a fourplex. Occupy one of the units and rent the others out. After the required time, move out and rent all four units, then move back into your primary home.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Oct 25 2022, 08:49

Hey Timothy,

Thank you for your service.

I am an acquisitions analyst at a real estate investment advisory firm in Denver called Tangible Wealth Solutions. One of my main jobs is helping new investors get their first property.

We have two midwestern markets that we are currently focusing on.

Shoot me a DM if you'd like to know more. I am always happy to chat, especially with those who fought for our country. 

User Stats

Votes
Aj Parikh
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Centreville, VA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Centreville, VA
Replied Oct 25 2022, 11:06

Hi Timothy, I have found value investing in Cleveland, OH because it is home to Cleveland Clinic, lot of good neighborhoods, landlord friendly laws, stable appreciation and good cash flowing properties. There are also abundant opportunities for small multi family and SFH. I have been able to scale up to 12 doors in 2 years so definitely recommend this area. Feel free to reach out and we can discuss.

User Stats

Votes
Sam McCormack
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Oct 26 2022, 06:59

@Timothy Rosio

If you are comfortable with investing out of state (I recommend David Greene's Long Distance Real Estate Investing if you are interested), I would recommend Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky as a start to investing. I am an agent in Cincinnati, and I can connect you with people I know personally from NKY if you like it there! Feel free to DM me and I can answer any question you may have!

User Stats

Votes
De Rasche
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Near Memphis, Tenn.
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Near Memphis, Tenn.
Replied Oct 26 2022, 19:34

Mississippi is very landlord friendly.