• Florida
Votes |
How to find, fund, buy multi family units

Adrian Lammersdorf-Scioll
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Florida
Posted Oct 26 2022, 10:26

Hi I am a realtor/investor in the Orlando area currently doing a house hack.  I have investors, and would like to learn from someone who has bought multi family units, how to find deals.  Where do I go to find the units, how do I present the opportunity to my investors with funding so I have my name on it as well and get a share, and what should I know before going to my investors before the deal so I can feel confident in telling them how it will work.  I am willing to pay for the time to talk to someone about it.  Please reach out if you can help.  I plan to buy in the next 6 months or more.

User Stats

Votes
Darryl Matthews
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied Nov 18 2022, 07:22

Using an MLS, contacting brokers, and contacting property owners are just a few of the ways to find great multifamily properties. Other methods could include going to meetups, networking on LinkedIn, and finding local real estate investors to mentor you

User Stats

Votes
Mike Schofield
  • Lender
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Florida
Replied Nov 18 2022, 07:35

Adrian,

We have a great investing community here in Central Florida.  Check out CFRI.net and there are meetings around you.  For your house hack, that is a pretty standard purchase transaction.  I'd be happy to assist you with that.  

Many of the investors I work with get their properties off MLS or Loop net, but that part isn't my area of expertise. I can help you learn how these deals are funded institutionally speaking. There are many in CFRI who can help you learn to fund them using less traditional methods as well. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Adrian Lammersdorf-Scioll
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Florida
Replied Jan 4 2023, 15:15

Thanks for replies, thought i replied back.  I found someone who was able to help me understand it.  @Mike Schofield Thanks for the offer!  I am going to go to your February meeting.

User Stats

Votes
Elisa Zhang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Jan 4 2023, 17:51

Hi Adrian, I own over 3,000 apartment units and have a team dedicated to helping investors like yourself with complementary trainings and resources. If that interests you, please reach out