• Investor
  • Erin Ontario
Votes |
Looking for a STR savvy AGENT in Ontario cottage country

Merrick Taylor-scott
  • Investor
  • Erin Ontario
Posted Oct 27 2022, 06:55

Im currently switching my asset class to vacation rentals targeting cottages in Ontario Canada but Im having trouble finding an agent with experience in REI.
AirDNA seems to think the Kawartha Lakes region is the best option, but as this is my first cottage rental, I am open to building my portfolio in other popular summer destinations like Muskoka, Bruce Peninsula, Prince Edward County etc.   

Problem is, many agents in these "one horse towns" only sell 4 or 5 properties a year or sell real estate on the side with little to no experience spotting waterfront properties that can cash flow....in fact when I mention "cash-flow, cash-on-cash returns" etc they seem confused :)

With that in mind, do any you folks have positive relationships dealing with agents in any one of the areas mentioned above, and/or know any with experience dealing with investors and/or can simply can spot an airBNB worthy cottage ?

User Stats

Votes
Merrick Taylor-scott
  • Investor
  • Erin Ontario
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Erin Ontario
Replied Oct 27 2022, 06:57

As a side note, Im aware of the Agent Locator function on BP but its not set up yet for Canadian searches.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 19 2022, 06:54

Hi Merrick

Did you ever find an agent who is str savvy? I live in Muskoka and I'm also interested in short-term rentals.

I've never met an agent here or Kawartha that was fluent in short term rentals and could help identify deals.

I find I have to figure out things on my own .

Wondered if you had any luck since you posted?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes