Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Eddie Rodriguez
Votes |
Selling primary residence to house hack

Eddie Rodriguez
Posted Nov 6 2022, 14:47

Hi I’m new to this would appreciate some opinions on my plan to get out of debt plus get into real estate in one swoop. I’d like to try to sell my primary residence pay my debts fully and get into house hacking duplexes and such. It’s under seller financed contract 8 year term bought in the beginning of 2020 already asked if I could sell they said they just want their money I can do whatever. The house isn’t perfect will need a new roof. It’s a 2 bed 1 bath will need to sell at 96k. that’s including what I’d need to pay the remaining amount of mortgage closing cost and realtor but I have no idea how any of that works looking up anything on realtor related thing just takes me on a big advertisement adventure 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 6 2022, 19:07

Hire a realtor, ask them what kind of repairs are needed to bring up to top market value. He or she will list it and get you your money

User Stats

Votes
Eddie Rodriguez
Votes |
Replied Nov 6 2022, 20:13
Quote from @Eliott Elias:

Hire a realtor, ask them what kind of repairs are needed to bring up to top market value. He or she will list it and get you your money

Thank you for the reply and advice 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 7 2022, 05:07
Quote from @Eddie Rodriguez:

I agree with Eliott. Hire a REALTOR to help you market and sell it. At the same time, learn how to househack and start shopping for your next investment.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Eddie Rodriguez
Votes |
Replied Nov 7 2022, 12:25
Quote from @Nathan Gesner:
Quote from @Eddie Rodriguez:

I agree with Eliott. Hire a REALTOR to help you market and sell it. At the same time, learn how to househack and start shopping for your next investment.

Thank you for the reply  

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Heasley Beitenman
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Nov 7 2022, 12:35

Why can't you house hack your current primary? You don't have to have a MFH to house hack. I did it in a SFH for 3 years.

User Stats

Votes
Eddie Rodriguez
Votes |
Replied Nov 7 2022, 14:09
Quote from @Nicole Heasley Beitenman:

Why can't you house hack your current primary? You don't have to have a MFH to house hack. I did it in a SFH for 3 years.

Didn’t know that was possible would it technically be a refinance? I’d like to try to get some money back to either pay off debt or if I’m going to have to live in to to reinvest back into the property. Can you explain a little more the process.