• New to Real Estate
  • Tampa bay
Votes |
Hello, Brand new to the area and real estate

Anthony Yancy
  • New to Real Estate
  • Tampa bay
Posted Nov 7 2022, 01:20

I am brand new to real estate and the investing aspect of it. I have always been interested and I am in need of guidance. I come from sales and am starting out with virtually nothing in my pocket. Mostly looking to build a friendship, find a mentor, or even find a partner out of it, someone who I can learn from and also network with to find other investors and possible friends or partners! Thank you for your time!  
(Will definitely be back to this forum so much great information!!) 

User Stats

Votes
Ash Hegde
  • Lender
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL (Lending in FL CT MI PA)
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL (Lending in FL CT MI PA)
Replied Nov 7 2022, 03:49

Welcome to the forums!  Check out the beginners guide and feel free to ask questions. Lots of helpful people here.  https://www.biggerpockets.com/... 

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Curtin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Replied Nov 7 2022, 03:58
Quote from @Anthony Yancy:

I am brand new to real estate and the investing aspect of it. I have always been interested and I am in need of guidance. I come from sales and am starting out with virtually nothing in my pocket. Mostly looking to build a friendship, find a mentor, or even find a partner out of it, someone who I can learn from and also network with to find other investors and possible friends or partners! Thank you for your time!  

Hi Anthony! Welcome! You are in the right place! I highly recommend regularly attending local real estate investing meetups in your area/area you want to invest in as well as sending direct messages to other local investors on bp and social media in that target market as well and tell them what you are looking to do and ask to hear their story :). What I have experienced personally around the concept of “mentorship” is more indirect than just finding one person to be your one “mentor” to show you the ropes, but it will come from the relationships with many folks that you meet and grow with. The power to be able to ask questions to different investors in different markets around your area that are utilizing different strategies is absolutely key, and when the time comes and you need contractors or other members of your team in other areas, you will be able to leverage those relationships to find great people, as well as doing the same for the people you meet. Good luck! :)

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Yancy
  • New to Real Estate
  • Tampa bay
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Tampa bay
Replied Nov 7 2022, 04:06
Quote from @Kyle Curtin:

Hi Anthony! Welcome! You are in the right place! I highly recommend regularly attending local real estate investing meetups in your area/area you want to invest in as well as sending direct messages to other local investors on bp and social media in that target market as well and tell them what you are looking to do and ask to hear their story :). What I have experienced personally around the concept of “mentorship” is more indirect than just finding one person to be your one “mentor” to show you the ropes, but it will come from the relationships with many folks that you meet and grow with. The power to be able to ask questions to different investors in different markets around your area that are utilizing different strategies is absolutely key, and when the time comes and you need contractors or other members of your team in other areas, you will be able to leverage those relationships to find great people, as well as doing the same for the people you meet. Good luck! :)

Thank you so much! I will definitely take that into account and start hunting for when those would be! Also I’m not really into any market just yet but I want to be in as many as possible and learn from as many people as I can. Like you for example! I would love to pick your brain and just ask you some basic questions about real estate and what you know and how you got started. If you have the time and opportunity I would love to hear it! Thank you so much again for the tips and the guidance!

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Curtin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Replied Nov 9 2022, 04:00
Quote from @Kyle Curtin:

Thank you so much! I will definitely take that into account and start hunting for when those would be! Also I’m not really into any market just yet but I want to be in as many as possible and learn from as many people as I can. Like you for example! I would love to pick your brain and just ask you some basic questions about real estate and what you know and how you got started. If you have the time and opportunity I would love to hear it! Thank you so much again for the tips and the guidance!

Thank you! Let’s hop on a call and I’m happy to share anything I can to help you! Feel free to shoot me a message and we can taken it from there! :)