Votes
Paul Farley
  • Canton, OH
Votes |
What is the best way to invest 250k?

Paul Farley
  • Canton, OH
Posted Nov 8 2022, 19:23

I am looking at investing into real estate. If you had financing for $250k, what would you invest into for your first purchase?

User Stats

Votes
Jack Smith
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Massillon, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Massillon, OH
Replied Nov 14 2022, 10:07

Hi Paul, 

First off, if you haven't already, I'd join your local REIA - we have a monthly main meeting and regular focus groups throughout each week, of which are free to attend. Check out our website - InvestInStark . com This is the best way to get to know local investors, contractors, vendors, etc... There's a Saturday breakfast coming up this week you might want to check out.

Second, it all depends!  It depends upon your background, your interest, your available time, your knowledge, are you a DIYer, are you a hands off guy, etc... Only you can answer these kinds of questions to help you narrow down the best path for you.  Many educational references listed in prior posts are great recommendations - now just add some local activity to start networking.  

Welcome to the club - Stark County is a great area to invest!   

User Stats

Votes
Jay Thomas
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Nov 14 2022, 10:47

House Hacking would be the best way of Investment.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Paul Farley
  • Canton, OH
Votes |
  • Canton, OH
Replied Nov 29 2022, 19:49
Quote from @Jack Smith:

Hi Paul, 

First off, if you haven't already, I'd join your local REIA - we have a monthly main meeting and regular focus groups throughout each week, of which are free to attend. Check out our website - InvestInStark . com This is the best way to get to know local investors, contractors, vendors, etc... There's a Saturday breakfast coming up this week you might want to check out.

Second, it all depends!  It depends upon your background, your interest, your available time, your knowledge, are you a DIYer, are you a hands off guy, etc... Only you can answer these kinds of questions to help you narrow down the best path for you.  Many educational references listed in prior posts are great recommendations - now just add some local activity to start networking.  

Welcome to the club - Stark County is a great area to invest!   

Thank you! I'm right down the road in Jackson. I'll check out the site and try to make a meeting soon.

User Stats

Votes
Ruchit Patel
  • Bay area, CA
Votes |
  • Bay area, CA
Replied Nov 30 2022, 00:42

Oh man some parts of Ohio are growing so well that rent prices are increasing fast. You will get great deals there. I have some contacts there. I can connect you. 

User Stats

Votes
Austin McClain
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ohio
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ohio
Replied Nov 30 2022, 06:15

If you can house hack, do it. Especially if it's your first home. You can use some good first-time home buyer loans for 1-4 units.  

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Nov 30 2022, 08:21

Hey Paul, glad to see that you're getting ready to start your real estate journey!

I'd choose the in-state investment option for starters provided that your local market can give you that 1-2% rule deal and if it's affordable.

Since you're in Ohio, it will not be that difficult in finding the right market for you. Personally, I would recommend the major cities in Ohio and here's why:

Columbus is great for appreciation, pp is a bit higher around $220k for multifamily https://learn.roofstock.com/bl...

Cincinnati has a mix of cash flow and appreciation, average multifamily around $180k. https://www.noradarealestate.c...

Cleveland, has alot of cashflow potential, average multifamily is around $140k. https://learn.roofstock.com/bl...