Votes
Mike Hjermstad
  • Rosemount, MN
Votes |
Creative Financing Ideas In Minnesota

Mike Hjermstad
  • Rosemount, MN
Posted Nov 9 2022, 11:22

I'm new to real estate investing and very interested in hearing about other people's experiences with some creative financing options in Minnesota! 

User Stats

Votes
Khemraj Sarju Jr.
  • Lender
Votes |

Good afternoon,

Depending on the situation there are a variety of options. 

DSCR - Debt Service Coverage Ratio

Bank Statement Programs

1099 Programs

Asset Based Programs

100% Financing for Rehab Programs

100% Financing for Construction Costs

What seems to be the direction you are leaning towards? 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hjermstad
  • Rosemount, MN
Votes |
  • Rosemount, MN
Replied Nov 9 2022, 11:51

Honestly I'm not sure yet, I'm hoping to hear some stories on other people's experiences to come up with my own game plan!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Shiela R.
  • Investor
  • Boulder, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Boulder, CO
Replied Nov 9 2022, 14:29

Hi @Mike Hjermstad, welcome to BP and REI! If you look at the top of the site there is the search icon (magnifying glass). Search with your questions. There is a wealth of info specifically about buying on terms - L/Os, Subto, Seller Financing.

If you still have questions, feel free to reach out.  I'm not in Minnesota but will try to help with any specific questions you have. :)

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 10 2022, 05:33
Quote from @Mike Hjermstad:

I'm new to real estate investing and very interested in hearing about other people's experiences with some creative financing options in Minnesota! 

A lot of people use Seller financing. I've done quite a few myself. You can often get better terms than you would through the bank. For example, one of my deals was 10% down and 5% interest when the bank was requiring 25% down and 6% interest. It's worth studying this method and learning what the benefits are for the Seller so you can pitch the idea and make it appealing for them.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hjermstad
  • Rosemount, MN
Votes |
  • Rosemount, MN
Replied Nov 10 2022, 06:28
Quote from @Nathan Gesner:
Quote from @Mike Hjermstad:

A lot of people use Seller financing. I've done quite a few myself. You can often get better terms than you would through the bank. For example, one of my deals was 10% down and 5% interest when the bank was requiring 25% down and 6% interest. It's worth studying this method and learning what the benefits are for the Seller so you can pitch the idea and make it appealing for them.

Thanks for sharing! I will start digging into this financing option now!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hjermstad
  • Rosemount, MN
Votes |
  • Rosemount, MN
Replied Nov 10 2022, 06:28
Quote from @Shiela R.:

Hi @Mike Hjermstad, welcome to BP and REI! If you look at the top of the site there is the search icon (magnifying glass). Search with your questions. There is a wealth of info specifically about buying on terms - L/Os, Subto, Seller Financing.

If you still have questions, feel free to reach out.  I'm not in Minnesota but will try to help with any specific questions you have. :)

Awesome, thanks for your help!

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Anshus
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Bloomington MN (bloomington, mn)
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Bloomington MN (bloomington, mn)
Replied Nov 17 2022, 08:23

@Mike Hjermstad I can recommend some good Facebook groups and meetups for you to attend. Message me and I can connect you with them

User Stats

Votes
Johnny Kane
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Feb 7 2023, 11:47
Hi Mike,

Start researching Subto deals. If a seller doesn't have equity in their property this is a great option. If they do have equity and are looking to access it then seller financing is a great option.