Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes

New to Bigger pockets

Rashad Scroggins
Posted Nov 15 2022, 11:57

Hi I'm Rashad Scroggins and new to bigger pockets. I'm am super excited to get some deals and find some buyers. I'm in California but id love to connect with every person on there real estate journey. Do anyone know of a title company or attorney that can handle double closing and assignment contracts in California? Does anyone remember their first deal pitch conversation with an investor?

User Stats

Votes
Joe Homs
  • Flipper
  • Mission Viejo, CA
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Mission Viejo, CA
Replied Nov 15 2022, 12:58

@Rashad Scroggins welcome to BP in the OC.  We use escrow companies here is California for transactions.  Title companies insure the transfer of the property and we do NOT use attorneys.  Check out the local meetup groups in the area and meet other investors.

Good Investing...

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#2 Classifieds Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 15 2022, 13:03

Hi Rashad- welcome to BP!

Would love to connect and discuss your RE journey and how we can help each other out. I can also connect you to some people out there if interested. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 16 2022, 05:40

Welcome to the BiggerPockets forums! I remember my first deal very well and talk about it quite often. Hoarder house way under market, cleaned it up and tripled the value in six months. I've had the same renter for seven years and it's value is 5x the purchase price now.

You can read about it here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Classifieds Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Nov 16 2022, 06:34

Welcome aboard.

User Stats

Votes
Alicia Marks
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Nov 16 2022, 07:09

Welcome to the forums! I would ask your location specific questions in a related forum and tag the location to get local eyes on it. Let me know how else I can help!

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Coulter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Replied Nov 16 2022, 19:44

@Rashad Scroggins I am a local HH and willing to answer any questions you may have!

User Stats

Votes
Rashad Scroggins
Replied Nov 28 2022, 14:39
Thank you,  that definitely was a helpful tip. I been to some meet ups but need to find some one I can shadow or help.  I want to see a deal happen. Maybe I need to go to more and find. 

Quote from @Joe Homs:

@Rashad Scroggins welcome to BP in the OC.  We use escrow companies here is California for transactions.  Title companies insure the transfer of the property and we do NOT use attorneys.  Check out the local meetup groups in the area and meet other investors.

Good Investing...

User Stats

Votes
Nate Sanow
Pro Member
  • I​nvestor & Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • I​nvestor & Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Nov 28 2022, 14:50

Welcome to BP and good luck 

User Stats

Votes
Rashad Scroggins
Replied Nov 28 2022, 14:51
Thank you so much for the reply. Yes I would love to connect with you. I would love to get insight on your journey as a RE as well. I just started and it’s been a journey already. Can’t wait to speak to you.

Quote from @River Sava:

Hi Rashad- welcome to BP!

Would love to connect and discuss your RE journey and how we can help each other out. I can also connect you to some people out there if interested. 

User Stats

Votes
Rashad Scroggins
Replied Nov 28 2022, 14:52
Thank you definitely need it. Hope everything is going well for you too man.

Quote from @Nate Sanow:

Welcome to BP and good luck 

User Stats

Votes
Rashad Scroggins
Replied Nov 28 2022, 14:54
Quote from @Alicia Marks:

Welcome to the forums! I would ask your location specific questions in a related forum and tag the location to get local eyes on it. Let me know how else I can help!

Hello Alicia, I am in Los Angeles actually. I definitely would love to connect with you

User Stats

Votes
Rashad Scroggins
Replied Nov 28 2022, 14:57

Hello Alicia, I’m actually in Los Angeles California. At the moment, I’m trying to figure out what’s the best way to set up my wholesaling business I spent a lot of money on Marketing, but I feel like sometimes is aimless. I need to figure out a good strategy.
Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Rashad Scroggins
Replied Nov 28 2022, 15:02
Quote from @Nicholas Coulter:

@Rashad Scroggins I am a local HH and willing to answer any questions you may have!

Hello Nicholas, thank you for the reply. I’d love help try to find a strategy to find the right properties. Right now im trying to figure out how to structure a team. I feel like all I have to do is see somebody process one time and I got it but I don’t know please help. Thank you sir.

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Coulter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Replied Nov 28 2022, 16:31

@Rashad Scroggins I am more than happy to jump on a call with you!

User Stats

Votes
Alicia Marks
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Nov 28 2022, 18:24
Quote from @Rashad Scroggins:

Hello Alicia, I’m actually in Los Angeles California. At the moment, I’m trying to figure out what’s the best way to set up my wholesaling business I spent a lot of money on Marketing, but I feel like sometimes is aimless. I need to figure out a good strategy.

We have some great meetups in LA! I’m usually there one week a month or so as well, but I’m not as familiar with that market.

User Stats

Votes
Renee Harris
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Nov 30 2022, 06:04
Hit me up Rashad! Welcome to BP.