• Real Estate Broker
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
MTR in Fayetteville?

Matthew Rice
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Nov 17 2022, 05:11

Hello investors! I'm looking to start my rental portfolio and have been hearing more and more about the medium term rental play, which interests me. I'm a broker out of Raleigh looking for good areas to start an MTR. I've been thinking of Fayetteville due to great percentages (cash flow) + Cape Fear Medical (travel nurses). Does anyone have experience with MTR's or even STR's in Fayetteville, and what advice would you have for a newbie like me?

User Stats

Votes
Grayson Spittel
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Wake Forest, NC
Votes |
  • Wake Forest, NC
Replied Nov 17 2022, 19:51

@Matthew Rice I have 3 STRs in Fayetteville. It has been a market that is much better than I was even expecting. Not your typical destination STR market, but for the same fundamentals that it makes a great LTR location, it is SOLID. I get a lot of people traveling for work, and have had a few weeks+ rentals from people traveling to the area. One note that I will make is that, the market has become a bit saturated. It's not the Smokies where every house is a STR, but, investors have been pouring in for years consistently and it has created a larger supply. Biggest piece of advice there would be to simply ensure that you're creating a quality product in whatever you do.

User Stats

Votes
Tony Green
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Winston Salem, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Winston Salem, NC
Replied Feb 4 2023, 07:39
Quote from @Grayson Spittel:

@Matthew Rice I have 3 STRs in Fayetteville. It has been a market that is much better than I was even expecting. Not your typical destination STR market, but for the same fundamentals that it makes a great LTR location, it is SOLID. I get a lot of people traveling for work, and have had a few weeks+ rentals from people traveling to the area. One note that I will make is that, the market has become a bit saturated. It's not the Smokies where every house is a STR, but, investors have been pouring in for years consistently and it has created a larger supply. Biggest piece of advice there would be to simply ensure that you're creating a quality product in whatever you do.

Have you tried any MTR's in Fayetville?
Green Haven Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Grayson Spittel
  • Wake Forest, NC
Votes |
  • Wake Forest, NC
Replied Feb 5 2023, 01:05

@Tony Green I have not to date, but think it is a very solid strategy! I’ve seen others use it. Definitely something interesting to think about.