Votes
Jose Vernaza
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
Ready to begin my journey

Jose Vernaza
  • New to Real Estate
Posted Nov 18 2022, 08:39

I am new to RE investing and I am interested in BRRRR section 8 rental niche. So far I have educated myself on here as well as reading David's book Long Distance Real Estate Investing several times. I have been in contact with an Agent in Cleveland and am pre approved. I am very nervous since I feel like there is help in this group but mostly just agent and brokers farming for customers. I seet either mentorship or just an ally who remembers how nerve racking their first step was. I have found a property that seems promising and want to take a leap of faith, first I would like to learn from your past experience. Thank you and I look forward to your advice.

Jose 

Orlando, FL 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Nov 18 2022, 08:42

Ok well 1st stop talking with agents, that is not where the deals are. Since you are using a loan, I will not provide a property for you. However, I am more than happy to tell you if you should buy it or not. Just send me the address, 

I am here to help 

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Nov 18 2022, 11:43
Quote from @Jose Vernaza:

I am new to RE investing and I am interested in BRRRR section 8 rental niche. So far I have educated myself on here as well as reading David's book Long Distance Real Estate Investing several times. I have been in contact with an Agent in Cleveland and am pre approved. I am very nervous since I feel like there is help in this group but mostly just agent and brokers farming for customers. I seet either mentorship or just an ally who remembers how nerve racking their first step was. I have found a property that seems promising and want to take a leap of faith, first I would like to learn from your past experience. Thank you and I look forward to your advice.

Jose 

Orlando, FL 

Well one thing is for sure, you're spot on in your assessment that everyone here is looking to get paid in one way or another. It'd be naïve to assume otherwise. It's the ones who won't admit that they are here to get paid that you've got to worry about.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jose Vernaza
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
Replied Nov 18 2022, 12:06
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Jose Vernaza:

I guess I am naive because I thought of this group as a place for like minded individuals to share and possibly learn from one another. 

Jose 

Orlando, FL 

Well one thing is for sure, you're spot on in your assessment that everyone here is looking to get paid in one way or another. It'd be naïve to assume otherwise. It's the ones who won't admit that they are here to get paid that you've got to worry about.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 18 2022, 17:50

Welcome to BP!

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 19 2022, 05:01

Jose, this forum is a great place to get advice but you definitely have to watch for people looking to spend your money. It's important to build local relationships as much as possible. Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo