Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Olson
Votes |
Young Investor Reading/Audio recommendations

Ryan Olson
Posted Nov 27 2022, 16:57

Hello all. I have a 16 year old who needs some direction. He's interested in real estate and investing and needs educational materials that would speak to that age group. Anyone have recommendations?

User Stats

Votes
Taylor Dasch
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Temple, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Temple, TX
Replied Nov 28 2022, 07:25

Direct educational books would be any of them on BP honestly. I liked Multi-Family Millionaire, but one of Brandon Turners books ( I think) really got me excited to start investing in Real Estate. Maybe it was the book on Rental Property Investing? I'm honestly not sure. Other than that BRRRR is a good one. The book that really changed my way of thinking and helped me take action into actually buying investment properties was Robert Kiyosaki s Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Other Favorite Books:

Slight Edge Theory

12 Week Year

James Clear Habit book - I forgot the name

The 5 AM Club

Cant Hurt Me

Ray Dalio Principles

Real Estate Investing with no and low money down.  

User Stats

Votes
Ian Walsh
  • Lender
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Nov 28 2022, 07:26

Rich Dad Poor Dad changed my life.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Bohrer
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Nov 28 2022, 07:29

I think all 16 year old's could use some direction! haha Why not start him off with a classic like Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki?

I think The Richest Man in Babylon is also a great entry level read! Hope this helps, have a great day :)

User Stats

Votes
Dan Sheeks
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Nov 28 2022, 19:28

Hello @Ryan Olson.

Bigger Pockets recently published a book that's perfect for your son! It's called First to a Million. You should check it out! www.biggerpockets.com/teen. I am the book's author and would be happy to answer any questions or jump on a phone call if you'd like.

I'm always happy to talk to young aspiring investors. I'm also a real estate investor and high school business teacher so working with teens is what I love to do! Best of luck to your son!

Dan Sheeks

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 28 2022, 20:05

Tell him to watch one bigger pockets podcast a day. Every podcast has a golden nugget of education that i have heard for the first time and makes me better. Wish I still had the time to do this, learned a lot when I was new