Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Adriana Orozco
Votes |
Investor friendly title companies

Adriana Orozco
Posted Nov 27 2022, 19:15

Hello everyone, I am brand new in the wholesaling business and I am looking to build my team of loyal and trust worthy people. Can anybody recommend the Title companies that you are using please? Real estate agents that are investor friendly will be beneficial as well. thank you!!!

User Stats

Votes
Nick Belsky
  • Residential and Commercial Broker
Votes |
  • Residential and Commercial Broker
Replied Nov 28 2022, 02:27

@Adriana Orozco

Honestly, nearly any national title company is worth a look and are well in the know of working with investors.

Chicago Title, Fidelity, Steward Title, etc... just to name a few.

Maybe it's just me, but the smaller, local title companies have just been horrible lately.  I provide loans in all 50 states and have never seen so many poor title companies in just the past 6 months.  I am amazed they are still in business.  Then when you do a loan with one of the larger, national companies, it is a breeze and way easier.

If you have an attorney, sometimes, they can help you as well.  They seem to be hit or miss.  If they are familiar with doing RE transactions, then they may be alright to go with, but if they don't do them regularly, pass.

Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Nov 28 2022, 08:42

Hey @Adriana Orozco- actually @Jean Tranquille might be able to help he just closed his first deal and hopefully can recommend title and attorneys. 

FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs

User Stats

Votes
Adriana Orozco
Votes |
Replied Nov 28 2022, 08:58
Quote from @Nick Belsky:

@Adriana Orozco

Honestly, nearly any national title company is worth a look and are well in the know of working with investors.

Chicago Title, Fidelity, Steward Title, etc... just to name a few.

Maybe it's just me, but the smaller, local title companies have just been horrible lately.  I provide loans in all 50 states and have never seen so many poor title companies in just the past 6 months.  I am amazed they are still in business.  Then when you do a loan with one of the larger, national companies, it is a breeze and way easier.

If you have an attorney, sometimes, they can help you as well.  They seem to be hit or miss.  If they are familiar with doing RE transactions, then they may be alright to go with, but if they don't do them regularly, pass.

Cheers!

Thank you for your feedback!

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Replied Nov 28 2022, 10:59
Quote from @Adriana Orozco:

Hello everyone, I am brand new in the wholesaling business and I am looking to build my team of loyal and trust worthy people. Can anybody recommend the Title companies that you are using please? Real estate agents that are investor friendly will be beneficial as well. thank you!!!

Hey Adriana!

Where in NY are you looking to wholesale? I'd be happy to recommend an attorney and title company depending on location.

Also, please keep in mind that your title company is only half the battle. Having an attorney on your side that can explain the nuances, pros, and cons to the property owner while still insuring you can flip the contract is the challenge that I've come across in NY.

Wholesaling in many instances is not in the seller's best interest especially if they have a strict deadline within which they NEED to close. Attorneys representing sellers see wholesalers as a liability in these situations and can advise sellers to sell with a Realtor or directly to an investor (preferably cash).

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Abel

• Real Estate Agent NY (#10401295960)

REbuild Team - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#3 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Nov 28 2022, 11:47

OK 1ST OFF, where ? 2nd you do not need to build your team, STOP READING BOOKS! Connect with someone doing deals, learn then apply what you learn. What good is having all these contacts when you do not even have a deal? I knew nothing 10 years or so ago. I connected with someone doing deals. In my 1st 30 or so days I flipped a contract for 19k! I was like whoop LOL. I did not have a team in place, the buyer already did . Well 500 deals later buying props from banks, short sales, auctions tax lien sales and other sources BTW never using a realtor. Find and lock up deals, EVERYTHING else will take care of itself

Good Luck

User Stats

Votes
Adriana Orozco
Votes |
Replied Nov 28 2022, 13:20
Quote from @Abel Curiel:

Hey Adriana!

Where in NY are you looking to wholesale? I'd be happy to recommend an attorney and title company depending on location.

Also, please keep in mind that your title company is only half the battle. Having an attorney on your side that can explain the nuances, pros, and cons to the property owner while still insuring you can flip the contract is the challenge that I've come across in NY.

Wholesaling in many instances is not in the seller's best interest especially if they have a strict deadline within which they NEED to close. Attorneys representing sellers see wholesalers as a liability in these situations and can advise sellers to sell with a Realtor or directly to an investor (preferably cash).

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Abel

Hi Abel, thank you so much for your feedback. This is very helpful information.  I am looking at deals in the Bronx and Brooklyn in Nyc. If you can share both title companies and attorneys I will really appreciate. Where are you located?

User Stats

Votes
Adriana Orozco
Votes |
Replied Nov 28 2022, 18:05
Quote from @Bob Stevens:

OK 1ST OFF, where ? 2nd you do not need to build your team, STOP READING BOOKS! Connect with someone doing deals, learn then apply what you learn. What good is having all these contacts when you do not even have a deal? I knew nothing 10 years or so ago. I connected with someone doing deals. In my 1st 30 or so days I flipped a contract for 19k! I was like whoop LOL. I did not have a team in place, the buyer already did . Well 500 deals later buying props from banks, short sales, auctions tax lien sales and other sources BTW never using a realtor. Find and lock up deals, EVERYTHING else will take care of itself

Good Luck

Thank you Steve! I like the encouragement. I an in Nyc and hoping to do deals in the Bronx and Brooklyn. Where are you located?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 29 2022, 06:04

@Adriana Orozco  Nice to virtually meet you.  I have been a realtor for 10 years, and highly recommend TitleVest in NYC.  For an attorney in the Bronx, I use Anthony Matos on all my personal and client deals.  He's based in the Bronx and does a lot of work here.  Also, let me know what deals you come across in the Bx or greater NYC.  My small development firm has about 10 properties and we are continuing to expand in 2023.  Thank you and good luck with your new endevor! 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Nov 29 2022, 06:57
Quote from @Bob Stevens:

Good Luck

Thank you Steve! I like the encouragement. I an in Nyc and hoping to do deals in the Bronx and Brooklyn. Where are you located?

I do all my business in the Cleveland markets. I would never touch (again) the NY markets. Much too expensive and you're lucky if you get 4% net caps. All my rentals have been 20% ++ net cap. based on cash purchases. 

Good luck  

User Stats

Votes
Ecaterina Katerina Morosan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Miami, FL
Replied Nov 29 2022, 07:49

Hi Adriana, as an investor-friendly team we've put together a list of investor-friendly vendors and servicing companies. Happy to share

User Stats

Votes
Adriana Orozco
Votes |
Replied Nov 29 2022, 08:59
Quote from @Andrew Jennings Freerks:

@Adriana Orozco  Nice to virtually meet you.  I have been a realtor for 10 years, and highly recommend TitleVest in NYC.  For an attorney in the Bronx, I use Anthony Matos on all my personal and client deals.  He's based in the Bronx and does a lot of work here.  Also, let me know what deals you come across in the Bx or greater NYC.  My small development firm has about 10 properties and we are continuing to expand in 2023.  Thank you and good luck with your new endevor! 

Nice virtually meeting you as well! Thank you for your response and the information. I will keep you in my contact list and will reach out for any deals. Do you have any preference in terms of single family, multi family, etc? What is your price range?

User Stats

Votes
Adriana Orozco
Votes |
Replied Nov 29 2022, 09:01
Quote from @Ecaterina Katerina Morosan:

Hi Adriana, as an investor-friendly team we've put together a list of investor-friendly vendors and servicing companies. Happy to share

Hi Katerina, thank you for your response. I would love to have your list if you don’t mind sharing. 
Thank you!
BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 30 2022, 07:26

@Adriana Orozco definitely looking for multi family, within 2.5 hours of NYC and priced under $1 million. Value add projects only. Thank you very much