• New to Real Estate
  • Southern Michigan
Votes |
Off market deals around the Detroit area for new investors in

Bill Russell
  • New to Real Estate
  • Southern Michigan
Posted Nov 28 2022, 15:54

Anyone have any new innovative tips to finding good off market deals around the Detroit area ? I'm new to this, just started reading about the area trying to figure out what side of town is best to invest in. Really any tips on areas or ways you successful investors have found off market deals would be greatly appreciated. 

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Nov 28 2022, 18:46

@Bill Russell

You might want to follow the "Deep Dive" series we're doing on our BiggerPockets blog about Metro Detroit cities, City of Detroit Neighborhoods and comparing Metro Detroit to other hotspots investors usually consider:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...
(BP search feature can be problematic, so we’ve also added links @ our website under View Cities & Neighborhoods We Service)

Please send us any feedback via email, as we do not use the DM feature here.

User Stats

Votes
Bill Russell
  • New to Real Estate
  • Southern Michigan
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Southern Michigan
Replied Nov 28 2022, 19:18

Thanks Drew, I was just reading the Hazel Park deep dive, very informative and well written. I can't wait to start searching around Hazel Park, its an area I never thought about investing in. Ypsilanti is another area I've heard good things about also.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Alicia Marks
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Nov 29 2022, 09:20

I would definitely want to have someone who knows the areas block by block, especially if you are investing in Detroit proper. There are lots of nuances to the area as well as scammers who prey on uninformed investors.

User Stats

Votes
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Nov 29 2022, 09:36

Yes, @Alicia Marks is correct, if you go into the City of Detroit, you really need to be careful.

That's why we've also written several Deep Dives on City of Detroit Neighborhoods!