User Stats

Votes
Tee H.
Votes |
Subject to that’s going through probate

Tee H.
Posted Nov 30 2022, 14:40

Hi,

I have a property that I’m trying to help a close family member with. We are looking to do a subject to process. My only concern is that this property will take up to 3 months to close on due to probate. The mortgage payment was in the name of their mom but she has passed and there’s no way to pay for it online bc they want you to call in about the account. The payment hasn’t been paid since this April 2022. 

While we’re waiting for probate to be completed, I wanted to make the mortgage payments and clean out the home(no renovations til home is finished with probate). I am working with a title company who will start title process through a land trust and will close after probate is complete. 

For you experienced subject to investors, how would you go about handling this deal and what steps would you take? I want to make the mortgage payments and to bring account current in order to prevent preforeclosure. Let me know your thoughts and advice about this situation. If there’s another way other than subject to, what would you do instead and why?

User Stats

Votes
Phommala Songkhors
  • Investor
  • Cape Cod, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cape Cod, MA
Replied Nov 30 2022, 19:35

you should be able to call the bank with the heir of the property, tell the bank, the homeowner had passed away, and see what you could do in terms of payments, to stop the home from going to foreclosure.