Votes
Lance Bolen
  • Southern Oregon
Votes |
Connections Around the Southern Oregon Area

Lance Bolen
  • Southern Oregon
Posted Dec 1 2022, 16:11

Hello everyone my name is Lance, I am 19 years old and just starting out on my real-estate ventures.  I am located in the Southern Oregon Area and have been having trouble finding experienced, knowledgeable people situated here due to the lack of real-estate investing groups in my area.  This is also in part to me being so new to the community.  I am hoping to find people located here, or who have property within Southern Oregon that I can get in contact with and learn from. I currently have been learning Day-Trading for over 8 months as a means for a capital fund for down payments on my future investment properties but do not have a good support group who knows the area in which I am situated.  I would also be most eager if anyone needed help on properties locally in which I could get experience and learn the ropes of things while I am still practicing my trading.  I have a couple of Ideas I would love to pitch to people to get feedback and opinions on in areas such as Airbnb, and small multi-family properties.  One of those ideas being "Airbnb Arbitrage" for the fact it eliminates the 15%-25% down payment I would need as well as avoiding the 2 years I would normally need to wait for tax returns to show my average annual income.  If anyone is remotely close to me or has experience they would offer to me I would greatly appreciate it!  

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 2 2022, 04:56
Quote from @Lance Bolen:

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

You may have to search towns 1-2 hours away. If you can't find a club, consider starting your own to see if you can gain any traction. 

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Lawrence Potts
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Dec 29 2022, 14:07

Hey @Lance Bolen, glad to have you here! I am from Southern Oregon, there are a lot of investors down there and I know of a fairly large group that meet monthly in Medford. I’d love to connect with you and see what makes sense for you and your current situation. Sounds like you are a jack of all trades!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Suzanne Moore
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bend, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Bend, OR
Replied Dec 30 2022, 07:37

Hey @Lance Bolen, sounds like you've got a good start on your investor eductation and funding!

I host a local monthly investor meetup, you'll find it in the NETWORK section - it's called the Central Oregon Investor Network and we meet monthly to discuss a variety of investing topics. 

We're still meeting virtually (via Google Meet) and we have investors and experts join us from all over the Pacific NW, California, Colorado, so our discussions are broad enough that they'll apply to Southern Oregon as well. 

You can join the meetup directly here. Our first meeting for 2023 is 10 Steps to Buying Your First Investment Property.

Hope you can join us!

Suzanne

User Stats

Votes
Grant Schroeder
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN
Replied Jan 6 2023, 14:56

Thank you for sharing @Suzanne Moore!

• Lender Nevada (#1914590), Colorado (#1914590), Washington (#1914590), Tennessee (#1914590), Arizona (#AZ LO-1022753), Arizona (#1914590), Oregon (#1914590), Idaho (#1914590), and California (#1914590)

• Movement Mortgage
Movement Mortgage Logo