• Investor
  • bronx, NY
Votes |
Seeking REI 2-4 Family Investing Training Courses & Mentoring

Edwin De leon
  • Investor
  • bronx, NY
Posted Dec 3 2022, 19:28

Seeking REI 2-4 Family Investing Training Courses, Mentoring what do you recommend will be using my VA Loan to break into the real estate multifamily investing game

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 4 2022, 04:40
Quote from @Edwin De leon:

Seeking REI 2-4 Family Investing Training Courses, Mentoring what do you recommend will be using my VA Loan to break into the real estate multifamily investing game

BiggerPockets just opened up enrollment for their next set of bootcamps and one is specifically designed for multi-family investing: https://get.biggerpockets.com/...

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Edwin De leon
  • Investor
  • bronx, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • bronx, NY
Replied Dec 4 2022, 08:38
Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

BiggerPockets just opened up enrollment for their next set of bootcamps and one is specifically designed for multi-family investing: https://get.biggerpockets.com/...

Thank you went checked out the course ... but it stated it is commercial property investing so this is confusing since this means that it is geared for properties that are 5 family plus properties and not 2-4 family houses, can you clarify if this is geared to new investors seeking 2-4 family properties thanks

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 4 2022, 09:06

Thank you went checked out the course ... but it stated it is commercial property investing so this is confusing since this means that it is geared for properties that are 5 family plus properties and not 2-4 family houses, can you clarify if this is geared to new investors seeking 2-4 family properties thanks

Go to EDUCATION then BOOTCAMPS to see the other options. They must cover 1-4 units under a different category. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize they had a bootcamp for commercial apartments. 
  • Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo
Account Closed
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Dec 5 2022, 07:18

@Edwin De leon The Multifamily Bootcamp is geared more toward commercial multifamily, but we've had several folks take it who are interested in 2-4 units, too. The general principles are the same in terms of choosing your market, analyzing deals, due diligence, etc.—the course does spend some time talking about raising private capital and getting investors interested in the deal, which may not apply as much to you at this stage. Alternatively, you could look at the taking the Real Estate Rookie bootcamp. While the focus is not strictly on multifamily properties, it will still walk you through the step-by-step process of acquiring your first deal. In both courses, you'll have plenty of opportunities to connect with folks going through the same process. If you have any other questions, let me know!