• Dallas, Tx
Votes |
GOT MY FIRST CONTRACT SIGNED!!

Tenetrice Johnson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dallas, Tx
Posted Dec 5 2022, 13:55

Hello all,

I'm so excited. I talked to a seller on Tuesday Nov 29th, went on the appt Thursday Dec 1st and got the contract signed this morning Monday Dec 5th!! I am overjoyed! I'm currently looking for a buyer which shouldn't be a problem because the home is boarded up and definitely needs some TLC. This is the first of many contracts to be signed and I contribute some of my success to the BP forums. All the criticism both good and bad have helped me be a better investor. Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Bryan La
  • Investor
  • Dallas TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dallas TX
Replied Dec 15 2022, 05:09

@Tenetrice Johnson Congratulations! That's great to hear

User Stats

Votes
Olivia Collins
  • Wholesaler
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Savannah, GA
Replied Dec 15 2022, 09:44

Great Job! One down, plenty more to go! 

How did you find that deal? Direct mail? Cold calling? SMS? 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jay Thomas
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Dec 15 2022, 10:10

@Tenetrice Johnson Congratulations on the great news! Wishing you all the best for your new journey and may it be a successful one. I am sure that with your hard work and dedication, you will reach whatever goals you have set out to achieve! Best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Scott Allen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 15 2022, 11:28

@Tenetrice Johnson Congrats on the first contract! Work to get it closed. Avoid the naysayers.

Reafco - Columbus, OH  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Julia Jordan
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Texas
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Texas
Replied Dec 15 2022, 11:41

Congratulations!  I learned a ton on my first property!  The lessons stayed with me through the years.  Great attitude!  Looking forward to seeing more of your "success posts"!

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Dec 15 2022, 12:30

Look for buyers who bought similar properties in the area.  

Congrats on your first contract signing. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 20 2022, 10:35
Quote from @Tenetrice Johnson:
Quote from @Jonathan R McLaughlin:

@Tenetrice Johnson you wrote looking for a buyer "shouldn't be a problem because the home is boarded up and definitely needs some TLC" Did you mean that? I would think that restricts your buyers pool a bit?

Hi Jonathan. In my area, buyers want homes that are boarded up and need TLC, that way they can buy it cheap, fix it up and still get a great return after the home has sold. If you have any buyers looking for these type of homes or lots in Texas, let me know!

I’m so glad you got your first contract, I work for an investor the buys and sells, let’s talk maybe we can take it off your hands 909^900^5341

User Stats

Votes
Jackie Mann
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 27 2022, 19:09

ITS OK, I am not interested in buying, I just want to ( as I am sure others do as well ) say congrats but we do not know if we should, we have no idea if it's a good deal or not.  We want to make sure you did not make a mistake, Also, you are saying it should sell fast as its boarded up, well how do you know?  What are the numbers? 

Even if she has made a mistake, congrats are in order. She did SOMETHING and she's ready for the next stage. So many people who want to invest will never make the first move beyond owning their own home (which is nice, but doesn't make you an investor). If she made a mistake, she'll learn much more than those who just peruse these forums day by day but never take action.

We don't have to analyze her deal to appreciate her commitment to action. I look forward to getting an update in a few months.  

User Stats

Votes
John T.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Central U. S. A.
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Central U. S. A.
Replied Dec 27 2022, 19:37

Congratulations, @Tenetrice Johnson.  

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Dec 28 2022, 06:03
Quote from @Jackie Mann:

ITS OK, I am not interested in buying, I just want to ( as I am sure others do as well ) say congrats but we do not know if we should, we have no idea if it's a good deal or not.  We want to make sure you did not make a mistake, Also, you are saying it should sell fast as its boarded up, well how do you know?  What are the numbers? 

Even if she has made a mistake, congrats are in order. She did SOMETHING and she's ready for the next stage. So many people who want to invest will never make the first move beyond owning their own home (which is nice, but doesn't make you an investor). If she made a mistake, she'll learn much more than those who just peruse these forums day by day but never take action.

We don't have to analyze her deal to appreciate her commitment to action. I look forward to getting an update in a few months.  

Sorry but I do not believe in participation awards. I do not think people should just be told what they want to hear, vs what they need to hear, " should sell fast as its boarded up" sorry that is not reality. This is business " tuff love" is in order .

All the best