Meghan Budiman
Pro Member
Votes |
Excited Rookie Looking for SF LTR in Charlotte

Meghan Budiman
Pro Member
Posted Dec 5 2022, 22:23

Hi BP Community,

My name is Meghan and my partner and I are starting our out-of-state REI journey in Charlotte. We're visiting Charlotte in about 2 weeks to check out the area and to get a good feel of the city. We've heard amazing things about Charlotte and would love some insight on a few neighborhoods to drive through. We're looking for a single family LTR and wanting to buy in the next couple of months. And does anyone know of a local REI meetup the week of Dec. 19? Would love to meet a couple of you there.

Excited to get this journey started! 

User Stats

Votes
Olivia Radziszewski
  • Realtor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Dec 6 2022, 04:50

@Meghan Budiman- Try to the Network tab for some Meetups and maybe a real estate agent can help you with some insight. Congrats and good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Jon Puente
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 6 2022, 06:00

Hey Meghan,

I would be happy to share my experience in Charlotte and where to find solid properties!  I have lived here for 5 years. Just message me if interested.

Thank you!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Laura Shinkle
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 6 2022, 08:14

Hey Megan! I'm excited for your trip down to the queen city, it's a great spot if I do say so myself! 

Southend is a very popular area, with lots of breweries, bars and shopping. A little further south is Southpark and Madison Park areas, which is a little more upscale. Beautiful midcentury modern homes down there. Just north of the city you have NoDa and Optimist Park areas, which are more artsy vibes. Optimist Hall is a great spot for lunch/dinner. Further north is the university area where you'll find UNC Charlotte. East of the city is the Plaza area, constantly evolving and growing. 

That's the areas that most people want to visit and/or be close to. Most of the good rentals (for ROI on LTR) are going to be the suburbs and areas around the 485 loop. Let me know if you'd like to chat further, I'd be happy to!

User Stats

Votes
Meghan Budiman
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 8 2022, 22:14
Quote from @Laura Shinkle:

Hey Megan! I'm excited for your trip down to the queen city, it's a great spot if I do say so myself! 

Southend is a very popular area, with lots of breweries, bars and shopping. A little further south is Southpark and Madison Park areas, which is a little more upscale. Beautiful midcentury modern homes down there. Just north of the city you have NoDa and Optimist Park areas, which are more artsy vibes. Optimist Hall is a great spot for lunch/dinner. Further north is the university area where you'll find UNC Charlotte. East of the city is the Plaza area, constantly evolving and growing. 

That's the areas that most people want to visit and/or be close to. Most of the good rentals (for ROI on LTR) are going to be the suburbs and areas around the 485 loop. Let me know if you'd like to chat further, I'd be happy to!

Hi Laura,

Thank you for the local information, it'll be really helpful for our trip. 

User Stats

Votes
Maranda Tucker
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 9 2022, 12:57

Hey Meghan! We refer our clients to @Laura Shinkle often, if you are in need of a knowledgeable, investor-friendly agent.. She is right- suburbs are where the best ROI for LTRs will be found. Lots of opportunity in the Queen City!

If you and your partner are open to grabbing coffee, I would be excited to show some southern hospitality :)

User Stats

Votes
Meghan Budiman
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 10 2022, 12:56
Quote from @Maranda Tucker:

Hey Meghan! We refer our clients to @Laura Shinkle often, if you are in need of a knowledgeable, investor-friendly agent.. She is right- suburbs are where the best ROI for LTRs will be found. Lots of opportunity in the Queen City!

If you and your partner are open to grabbing coffee, I would be excited to show some southern hospitality :)

Hi Maranda,

Thank you for your reply, my partner and I would love to meet up for coffee while we're in town. I'll send you a private message.