Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Chad Deville
Votes |
Orange Beach/Santa Rosa Beach

Chad Deville
Posted Dec 6 2022, 09:21

Hey everyone! I’m new on the site and new to real estate investing. I’m looking to invest in the Orange Beach/Destin/Santa Rosa beach (30A) area. Does anyone have any insight on which area would be best for a rental? Can anyone recommend a broker in the area? Thanks!!

User Stats

Votes
Katie Miller
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
ModeratorReplied Dec 6 2022, 10:54

I have a few properties along 30A and would definitely suggest utilizing our Agent Finder (https://www.biggerpockets.com/...) to find investor-friendly agents who specialize in that area! There is a big difference in residential vs. investor purchases there, considering the amount of STRs along the beach. 

Are you looking to long term or short term rent?

User Stats

Votes
Chad Deville
Votes |
Replied Dec 6 2022, 18:19

Hey Katie and thank you for your response. I'm looking for STR's.

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 5% down loan options. Access the BEST deals in the US in one place. Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Courtney Buck
  • Investor
  • Alpharetta GA and Destin, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Alpharetta GA and Destin, FL
Replied Dec 7 2022, 10:01

Hi there,

I live on 30A in Santa Rosa Beach (Dune Allen - west end) and there are much better deals in regards to ROI in Panama City Beach. Port St Joe near Apalachicola is another community that is thriving. They can't build enough houses right now and the STR scene is growing and prices are stable.

30A properties have exploded in value in the last 18 months (great for people who already own but not for new acquisitions). 

Hope this helps!

Courtney Buck

User Stats

Votes
Ricardo Hidalgo
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Dec 7 2022, 10:06
Quote from @Chad Deville:

Hey everyone! I’m new on the site and new to real estate investing. I’m looking to invest in the Orange Beach/Destin/Santa Rosa beach (30A) area. Does anyone have any insight on which area would be best for a rental? Can anyone recommend a broker in the area? Thanks!!

Good afternoon, we build and flip on 30A. I am seeing good opportunities on the west side of 30A or a good appreciation play in Inlet beach. Are you wanting to buy a condo, townhome or beach house? Some areas are better than areas depending on which area of 30A you would like to focus on. 

User Stats

Votes
Lake Lutes
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Replied Dec 8 2022, 15:48

Hey Chad! I am investor and agent here in Destin/Fort Walton Beach - happy to help if you need help! As others have mentioned, price appreciation over the past few years have made finding deals harder, but there are certainly still deals, and very lucrative deals at that.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Lewis
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fairhope, AL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fairhope, AL
Replied Mar 15 2023, 06:55

@Chad Deville Hey Chad, I’m a licensed broker in both AL/FL. My coverage area along the coast is from Ft. Morgan/Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Perdido Key. Would love to have a conversation with you if you are still looking to invest in these markets. 😎

User Stats

Votes
Reed Rickenbach
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Mar 15 2023, 06:57

Nothing to add here other than saying I love my annual trip to 30A. It's the best!