Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Colt Impson
Pro Member
Votes |
Live Events - How do you decide which one(s) to go to?

Colt Impson
Pro Member
Posted Dec 9 2022, 13:18

Hello BP community my name is Colt Impson, I currently own 3 rental properties. I listen to the BP podcast daily and almost every guest they have has some sort of Live Event. I have not attended a Live Event but think it could be beneficial for networking and hopefully help me start to scale upward. So how do you guys decide which Live Event to attend when there are so many?  Would like to hear your guy's feedback on this. Thanks. 

User Stats

Votes
Jewel B.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Replied Dec 9 2022, 15:09

I would try not to overthink it. You'll meet great people from all different backgrounds at any event. Pick a guest/event that aligns most closely with your current interests or needs, pick where you would enjoy taking a trip to, and book it!

User Stats

Votes
Richard Loniewski
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Jersey
Replied Dec 9 2022, 19:24

I love live events, make better connections there, I've been to so many so I know which ones are good in my area, but at first I just went to Meetup.com and based it on how many attendees. I don't want to go to an event with only 5 or 10 people

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jewel B.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Replied Dec 9 2022, 19:25
Quote from @Richard Loniewski:

I love live events, make better connections there, I've been to so many so I know which ones are good in my area, but at first I just went to Meetup.com and based it on how many attendees. I don't want to go to an event with only 5 or 10 people

Very true, though I would hope any BP guests with live events would be drawing more than a handful of people to their events. 

User Stats

Votes
Richard Loniewski
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Jersey
Replied Dec 9 2022, 19:38

Not always, actually there is a was a good Meetup in Lehigh valley, a bit far for me. I'll check with them if they are still doing it

User Stats

Votes
Jewel B.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Replied Dec 9 2022, 20:33
Quote from @Richard Loniewski:

Not always, actually there is a was a good Meetup in Lehigh valley, a bit far for me. I'll check with them if they are still doing it

Hosted by someone who was a guest on the BiggerPockets podcast?

And yes there's a few in the area

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 10 2022, 05:41
Quote from @Colt Impson:

Hello BP community my name is Colt Impson, I currently own 3 rental properties. I listen to the BP podcast daily and almost every guest they have has some sort of Live Event. I have not attended a Live Event but think it could be beneficial for networking and hopefully help me start to scale upward. So how do you guys decide which Live Event to attend when there are so many?  Would like to hear your guy's feedback on this. Thanks. 

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Colt Impson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 12 2022, 05:35

Thanks everyone for the feedback I plan to start attending live events in 2023.