Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Brad Jacobson
  • Realtor
  • Ogden, UT
Votes |
What Knowledge Launched Your Real Estate Journey?

Brad Jacobson
  • Realtor
  • Ogden, UT
Posted Dec 19 2022, 08:07

What was the pivotal piece of information that you learned from someone or read in a book that kicked off your investing journey?  Is there a specific nugget of info that you can trace your investment career back to?  

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Crunkilton
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oregon City, OR
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oregon City, OR
Replied Dec 19 2022, 10:51

Hey Brad, 

A saying that really stuck with me was "What matters it time IN the market, not TIMING the market". It's easy to get stuck in analysis paralysis and scrutinize every detail. The truth is you will make mistakes. And as long as you don't overleverage it's easy to recover. 

Pulling the trigger on my first deal was the most important thing I've done. It's opened so many doors. Now my network has grown as well as my REI knowledge. The hardest step is the first one.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I invest out of state and have been doing it successfully for a few years now. 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Dec 19 2022, 11:03
Quote from @Brad Jacobson:

What was the pivotal piece of information that you learned from someone or read in a book that kicked off your investing journey?  Is there a specific nugget of info that you can trace your investment career back to?  

Freedom and mailbox money 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes