• Wholesaler
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Introduction to Wholesaling

Austin L Archer
  • Wholesaler
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Dec 20 2022, 09:34

My name is Austin and I'm an aspiring real estate investor looking to get my first wholesale deal.

I've been researching assignment contracts and wholesaling for a few months now and I have about 4-5 years of experience rehabbing houses so I'm familiar with the repair costs. I've gotten to the point in life where I can't stand being away from my family everyday all day working for someone else's money. Im ready to take charge and build a business!

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Dec 20 2022, 09:39

Good luck @Austin L Archer - since you've been in the rehab space for a minute, it might make sense to tap into your existing network to get an idea of what deals they can source for you too! 

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Crunkilton
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oregon City, OR
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oregon City, OR
Replied Dec 20 2022, 10:16

@Austin L Archer Good luck! I dabbled in wholesaling for a while. It takes a lot of effort. It's a full time job and scaling to a hands off point will take quite a bit of work. Investing capital in marketing will help save you man hours. I don't say this to dissuade you, but I was making hundreds of cold calls a day for months and didn't land a single contract. 

But KC is a much friendlier market than Portland. Good luck! Happy to answer any questions you might have. I'm an active investor in KC 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Katlynn Teague
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Dec 20 2022, 11:37

Hey Austin, I am brand new to wholesaling as well. I live in Atlanta and our market is full of wholesalers. I started back in August and closed my first deal in October. Wholesaling is tough, since you have a background in repairs I definitely believe that will help you tremendously. I had my biggest struggle walking through rehabs. Thankfully, I work for a nation wide whole sale brokerage, Networth Realty. I had lot's of help when I had questions. Please feel free to reach out and I wish you the best of luck in your new venture!

User Stats

Votes
John Zajac
  • Investor
  • Amarillo, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Amarillo, TX
Replied Dec 20 2022, 18:49

Hey Austin, you got the cost of rehabbing down pack which will help you in your wholesaling endeavors. Wholesaling can be a challenge tho it's rough sometimes. But if you focus on getting the systems and processes down and building them around your target market things should work out. Outbound marketing is a grind inbound marketing is where the real money is. Anyway, it'll all workout if you keep working at it and keep learning. I would say find trusted other people in your network and reach out to them.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Dec 20 2022, 22:21

You can wholesale remotely, just have to have all the proper pieces in place. A cold caller, VA to scrub lists, dispo person, and acquisitions person. Not as easy as you'd think hiring each out