Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Brian Paredes
  • New to Real Estate
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
Looking To Connect with local investors!

Brian Paredes
  • New to Real Estate
  • Jersey City, NJ
Posted Dec 21 2022, 10:31

Hey all! 

I've been educating myself on house hacking for the past year and haven't really taken any action. I've met up with some people I connected with here on BP and had great conversations regarding lenders and agents but with teaching and coaching, I am mentally fatigued to go home and focus on my investment goals. 

I analyze 2-3 deals everyday so I guess you can say I am experiencing some analysis paralysis. My current goal is to purchase a small multi-fam here in jersey city and partner up with friends of mine and split the 3.5 down payment. 

I'm currently on winter break from school and want to see if there are any local investor meet ups in the jersey city area. I have all the time in the world!! All I think about it house hacking and would love to share my ideas with new connections! 

Cheers

User Stats

Votes
Mario Favetta
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Orange, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • West Orange, NJ
Replied Dec 21 2022, 12:02

Hi Brian - I don't have any answers, but I share your struggle. I also would like to find a multi fam in JC. Let me know if you want to share ideas.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 22 2022, 07:43
Quote from @Brian Paredes:

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Dec 22 2022, 09:10

definitely check out meetup.com they have virtual and in person meetups. It’s a great way to connect! 

User Stats

Votes
Jake Handler
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Morristown, NJ
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Morristown, NJ
Replied Dec 22 2022, 12:31

Sounds like you are ready to take action.  Analysis paralysis is a serious drug! Lol.  What is your holdup? 

Also, I co-host a monthly meetup in Morris County... would love to have you.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Paredes
  • New to Real Estate
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Jersey City, NJ
Replied Dec 23 2022, 11:42
Quote from @Jake Handler:

Sounds like you are ready to take action.  Analysis paralysis is a serious drug! Lol.  What is your holdup? 

Also, I co-host a monthly meetup in Morris County... would love to have you.

Thanks for the reply Jake! My hold up at the moment is not having enough cash for down payment hence why I want to have friends/partners on board and execute. I have a a good amount of money in my pension but I won’t be able to access that until august 2023. This is my second year working full time so my savings aren’t that high. With that said, I’m doing everything I can to save up. Try to be as frugal as I can 

I am definitely interested in attending your monthly meet up in Morris county

User Stats

Votes
Emilie De Angelo
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 24 2022, 08:17

Hi Brian!

I'm down in Atlantic County NJ, just outside of Atlantic City and on Jan 14th our NJREIN is having a full day event.

It will be great for networking, asking questions and the panel of experts are all from NJ, might be a great connection for you.

You can find SJREIN on facebook in which the event and details are posted!

User Stats

Votes
Sebastian Hernandez
  • Contractor
  • Morris County, NJ
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Morris County, NJ
Replied Dec 27 2022, 07:30

Welcome to Bigger Pockets! Happy to help with any questions regarding construction