User Stats

Votes
Ryan Adams
Votes |
I need help with my first Lease agreement

Ryan Adams
Posted Dec 28 2022, 14:23

Good afternoon everyone,
could anyone help point me in the right direction for a good lease agreement? I am working on running out my first property and would like to go ahead and start working on the lease agreement as the tenants are already ready to move in as soon as I make the purchase. The bank said having a lease agreement drawn out and signed would help with the debt to income ratio.

Any help would be very appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Danny Polanski
  • Chicago, Il
Votes |
  • Chicago, Il
Replied Dec 28 2022, 14:53

Talk to your real estate agent. There will be location specific leases available to your agent. 

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Vanderford
  • Property Manager
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Dec 28 2022, 16:00

I second Danny... if your agent is a member of the NAR, he or she has access to good residential lease templates. Although the templates are fairly generalized, they are thorough. And unless you have specific requirements, the templates are likely to be sufficient for your needs.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Adams
Votes |
Replied Dec 28 2022, 16:20

Thank You!

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 29 2022, 07:08
Quote from @Ryan Adams:

State contracts provided to real estate agents are typically copyrighted and only for real estate agents to use. Be sure to verify it's legal for you to use before you spend any time on it.

Biggerpockets sells a Lease Agreement Package under "TOOLS" at the top of your screen. $100 for a lease and several other documents, written by investors and attorney approved for your state. It's better than what you'll get from most attorneys and what you'll find on the internet.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo