Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes

Best way to get leads in 2023

Posted Jan 3 2023, 10:11

What’s the best and most effective way to get great leads/deals for investment properties in 2023?

I'm staring my journey as an investor and I would like to find a property I could BRRRR. Obviously with the intention of buying more and more.

I’m a Realtor here in Miami but fixer uppers here are hard to find.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Ellis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • South shore, MA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • South shore, MA
Replied Jan 3 2023, 10:18

Get a list of tax defaults in your county, and personally reach out to the owners through direct mail or cold calling.

Its strenuous work but Ive had a handful of leads come in that way. Also you can use a skiptracing system for a list of emails. 

User Stats

Votes
Jenell Poncabare
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied Jan 3 2023, 11:59

Hi @Alejandro Jimenez and Happy New Year! With the current interest rates, it will be necessary to find these properties at a discount. Going direct to seller is the best way to do that! Not to mention, as an agent you have a unique advantage to provide a solution to a lead even if they don't fit your BRRRR buy box. The best and most effective way is doing marketing consistently. The deals are in the follow up. Invelo can help you build out a prospects list, help you send your marketing and even track leads and deals. There is a free version that is designed for newer investors and an easy upgrade for investors that are doing more deals. If you want to check it out, go to inveloapp.com. I would be happy to answer any questions you have! Cheers to crushing goals this year!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
William Broxson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Youngtown Ohio
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Youngtown Ohio
Replied Jan 3 2023, 12:10

I would probably find areas with high a cap and reach out to a realtor in a few areas and see what they can come up with for you or possibly help you with local sheriffs sales or off market properties.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 3 2023, 21:25

Good ole fashioned relationships  

User Stats

Votes
Jp Kilduff
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Replied Jan 5 2023, 05:24

There are several skip-tracing companies out there. You provide the owners' name and their mailing addresses, they return the contact info (phone and emails) Find one that does not have a high-priced long-term monthly contract, flexible pricing, and excellent customer service. If you need a referral code or more information let me know.

User Stats

Votes
Hamp Lee III
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jan 5 2023, 12:43

Outside of what has already been shared, attend local meetups to build your contact list to get leads or a great property that meets your criteria.