Dalton Kent
  • Investor
Votes |
Beginner investor conventions

Dalton Kent
  • Investor
Posted Jan 3 2023, 13:54

Hey everyone, 

I’m 20 years old and I currently do not own a rental property yet. I’m from a small town in south Alabama and would like to attend a conference or two to help meet some investors or maybe even find a mentor! Any suggestions on conferences? 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jan 4 2023, 04:24
Quote from @Dalton Kent:

Hey everyone, 

I’m 20 years old and I currently do not own a rental property yet. I’m from a small town in south Alabama and would like to attend a conference or two to help meet some investors or maybe even find a mentor! Any suggestions on conferences? 

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Chris Davidson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Replied Jan 4 2023, 07:28

@Dalton Kent start learning and putting in the time. You are young and have time on your hand and likely not much funds. Going to an expensive conference with little to add to the ones you meet other than time could be a waste. Find local meet ups and on the network tab, along with meetup.com and get after it.

Read and consume as much info as you can best of luck!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Robertson
  • Denver
Votes |
  • Denver
Replied Jan 4 2023, 07:44

Dalton, if you'd like help creating your profile to establish credibility with our community, shoot me a message. I've been working at BP for a while now and would love to help. I grew up in Alabama too, so I can only help if you're an Alabama fan lol. 

I'd listen to the recommendations made by Nathan and Chris. By localizing your forum feed, you'll be able to follow the conversations happening in Mobile within the BiggerPockets community. 

Happy investing! 

User Stats

Votes
Mark Davis
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fairhope, AL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fairhope, AL
Replied Jan 4 2023, 09:21

Hi Dalton,

I’m happy to help. Give me a call and I’ll tell you what I know. I live in Fairhope. 
Tanks,

Mark

User Stats

Votes
Jasmine Washington
  • Daphne, AL
Votes |
  • Daphne, AL
Replied Jan 4 2023, 09:52
Quote from @Dalton Kent:

Hey everyone, 

Hey Dalton!

We are in the Mobile Area, Spanish Fort. Link up with me, next Monday is a networking meetup for real estate investors in Mobile if you want to join!

User Stats

Votes
Jasmine Washington
  • Daphne, AL
Votes |
  • Daphne, AL
Replied Jan 4 2023, 09:54
Quote from @Mark Davis:

Hi Dalton,

I’m happy to help. Give me a call and I’ll tell you what I know. I live in Fairhope. 
Tanks,

Mark

I know Mark, he's a good guy! Would not mind Joining you guys for a meetup!